S I X T Y - S I X : F A R E W E L L

I smoked on a cigarette and was sitting outside a church, staring out into the forest.

It was the next day, and we had stumbled across an ex-priest named Gabriel who then led us to his camp.

It was only him, and I wondered how he'd gone this far in such a small church.

The group had gone out on a run for supplies while I stayed behind but before that, I decided to man up and tell Sophia and Lee the truth about Clementine.

Neither of them took it well, Lee went off on his own to grieve while Sophia just stood there in shock.

I tried to comfort her but when I got near her she darted off into the church and locked herself in the bathroom.

I knew the both of them would now hold a grudge on me, as I was the one who told them the depressing news.

"Hey," my eyes darted over to spot Rick slowly approaching me, with a tape player in his hands.

"What's that?" I motioned my head towards it as he stopped next to me and slid down the wall.

"It's for you," he said sadly as he handed me the player and I cocked my eyebrows in confusion.

"What is it?"

"It's from Clem," he sighed and my eyes darted down to the player. "When she had been on her death bed back at the prison, she wrote notes and made voice messages for those she would leave behind. I found them in my bag on the road."

"Thank you," I nodded gratefully.

I knew this would break me, hearing her voice knowing I'd never get to hear her voice ever again, but I knew I needed this.

He nodded before standing up.

"She wrote some for Lee and Sophia, I just thought you should be the first one to get it," he said as he then walked away, leaving me in peace.

I placed the cassette in the tape recorder, placed on the headphones and sucked in a breath as I hit play.

She remained silent at first, and I heard her suck in a breath .

Daryl, I'm sorry.

Her voice cracked and my vision begins to get blurry.

If you're listening to this, then I'm dead, and I'm so sorry to do that to you. You don't deserve this.

I love you so much Daryl, the only one I've ever loved.

I couldn't contain the tears anymore, and I let them flow freely as I heard those words leave her lips.

You were the first guy to ever open up to me, you helped save me, you saved me from myself. I never appreciated life until you came along, you helped me find something to fight for.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to have one last talk with you before I died, but I held out for as long as I could. All this time I've been fighting for you, for the baby, for one chance to say goodbye to you.

But the chance isn't coming.

I let out a broken sob, hating how I'd never have that kid with her.

Don't hate me Daryl, please, I can't bear it. But, I have to tell you something.

She sucked in a breath and I knew what she was going to say.

I lost the baby, Daryl.

I'm so sorry Daryl, I tried, I really did.

She stops as she broke into a full sob, and I wish I could've been there at the prison when this happened.