T H I R T E E N : P R I S O N

It'd been three more months. Three months since that day on the road, the day Sophia got bit, the day I embarrassed myself.

Three months since I'd made the biggest mistake and kissed him.

Yet, thankfully he hadn't mentioned it to single soul; not even me.

He talks to me a lot less too, as we ever occasionally chat on hunts. But even then, the most I get is a grunt.

What I hate even more is that I think I still like him.

Carl's situation is the same, and Rick and Lori haven't spoken to each other in who knows how long.

He's talked to Sophia and I a bit more which is helpful. Sophia; her stump is still healing day by day but it's nearly healed now. She was quick to strap a knife on the stump whenever we went on runs; leaving it empty when we're at a calmer pace.

A small house came into view from the truck and I pulled an arrow from my quiver, as Rick was the one driving the truck.

"You ready?" I asked Sophia, who sat next to me.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she nodded, securing the knife on her stump.

The truck came to a stop and we all pile out, with Carl taking the lead. Still, I held a hand up as I took the front and kicked the door open.

Two muertos awaited in the living room, and I took out the first while Daryl got the second. The group then dispersed and I went in the back of the house, finding myself in a smaller room.

Steadying my bow, I walked across the door to a small room and yanked it open, only to see the tip of an arrow yet again.

I let out a soft chuckle, since that had been the third time that happened. Daryl stood up taller and scoffed.

I walked back to the living room where most of the group was, staring at each other with blank faces.

Carl came in and sat across me trying to pry open a can of dog food; jesus, what had we come to?

My eyes flew to Daryl who was picking feathers from an owl which was better than nothing. Rick then saw the dog food in Carl's hand and snatches the can, scowling as he threw it at the wall.

Everyone stiffened and their eyes filled with uneasiness. I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the wall.

Why couldn't we just catch a break?

T-Dog then whistled, snapping from my trance and I got up with Sophia. We hurried out the house as a small herd approached. I sent an arrow at a muerto before hopping in the driver's side of the truck and speeding off.

"One less arrow," I spat.

"We'll find more," Sophia said from the back as I sped the truck away.

A short time later we pulled over on a road, we never drove far, just far enough from the muertos.

I sighed and hopped out with the others close behind and Sophia, Beth and Carl move to positions to keep watch.

I slung my bow over as I headed to Maggie's car where the others were waiting. I stopped next to Glenn as Maggie pulled out a map, spanning it over the hood.

"We got no place left to go," T-Dog sighed.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be blocked off. We'll never make it south," Maggie pointed to the spots on the map.

"What was that ye said when ye fall off that tree last week?" Daryl looked at me. "There was one hundred and fifty head?"

"From what I could tell," I shrugged. "Got a pretty good look, but that was last week, it could be twice that now."