F O R T Y - T W O : D O V E

"I was thinking we head to Macon," I point at the small town on the map, Daryl peering over my shoulder. Michonne was out there right now, searching for the governor.

It had been a week since Daryl proposed to me.

Lee and I lived there for a while, his parents did too.

"Ye sure we should head that far out?" Daryl muttered. "That's 70 miles out, if ye get stuck out there, there ain't no help."

"We have to," I sigh. "I could go with Michonne in two days," I roll the map up.

"We just got back a few days ago," he huffed.

"I know, but we can't rest if he's still out there," I shake my head.

"This ain't all on ye, ye know that right?" he mutters.

"I'm going to go outside," I ignore his question and leave him there.

I walk outside and spot Rick on the fence surround the pigs with Carl by his side.

"Hey cowboy," I grin walking up to him as he walks out into the field. I look into the pen, spotting one of the pigs laying still. I frowned, remembering the name Carl had given her.

"What's up with Violet?"

"That's what I said!" Carl chuckles.

"Who knows," Rick shrugs looking back at the pig.

We then hear a faint whistle and we sprint for the gates, Carl and I pushing it open while Rick opens the blockade on the outside.

Michonne rides in on the horse, and I run over to her, a smile on my face.

"Glad to see your back," I shake her hand.

She chuckles. "I didn't find him," she sighs, but reaches into a pocket on the horse's saddle. "But look at what I found," she pulls out a stack of comic books and Carl grins.

"Cool!" he takes them. I look at Michonne, a smirk covering her face.

"Hey back off, he's mine." I chuckle, referring to Carl.

"I'm not sure about that Jack Sparrow," she chuckles.

"I never would have dreamed I'd have two women fighting over me," Carl smirks up at us.

"In your dreams," I roll my eyes.

"I also found this," she pulls out a razor, handing it to Rick. "Your face is losing the war."

I look to the courtyard to see the group beginning to prepare to go on a run.

"Well that's my cue," I chuckle. "Shave that damn beard Rick," I call over my shoulder and walk to the courtyard where the group is.

We had decided we'd take Zach, Lee, Daryl, Tyreese, Glenn, and Sasha. I reach my truck and Zach had set down a crate, when I spot Beth coming towards us.

"Here comes Cinderella," I nudge him and place my bag in the front seat of my truck.

"There ye are," Daryl comes up from behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "Ye ran off on me."

I chuckle and lean back into him. " I had to take a break from you."

He rolls his eyes and moves back to the car, where Beth has dismissed Zach, not saying goodbye to him.

"It's like a damn romance novel," Daryl smirks looking back at Beth as she walked past us.

"Your sucked in one too," Zach scoffs.