T H R E E : D E A L

I awoke to find myself tied up in an old barn. I seethed in pain but noticed the arrow was gone, and clean bandages were wrapped around my torso. I couldn't help but panic after the shit I endured a few weeks ago.

<>

"Well well well, boys, look at what we've got here," the man said as he looked at me like an animal with his men holding me back.

I shot daggers at him through my blurred vision and he chuckled as he walked up to me, running his hands over my chest.

I instantly sent my knee into his groin, and he doubled over in pain.

"Touch me again and I'll kick your ass," I snarled.

"You little bitch!" He shot up and punched me in the nose and I felt the crack.

"You broke my nose!" I said in shock as I felt the blood trickle down my already bloody shirt.

"And I'll do much worse," he grinned, getting in my face.

"Do your worst, you don't scare me."

I gasped when he sent a fist into my already blackened eye.

"You better be afraid girl," he spat. "Take her away," he walked away and I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head before blacking out.

<>

The barn doors swung open, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was the man who had knocked me out.

"Oh look, my bestie," I sneered as he grabbed me, dragging me outside.

"Shut up! If it weren't for you bringing Sophia, you'd have been dead a long time ago," he rolled his eyes as he threw me to the ground.

Their group then surrounded me as if I were a dog. They were deciding on whether to keep me or not.

"What're we doing with her?" He asked the group.

"I'll tell you what we're not going to do," a man in a sheriff's outfit pushed through the group. "We aren't locking her up like a prisoner."

"My name's Rick Grimes, what's yours?" He softly asked me, bending to my level.

I didn't answer and kept looking at him.

"Answer him!" The bald man kicked me in my gut.

I gasped in pain while Rick shot up and shoved him back.

"Shane! Enough!"

The man huffed in frustration before glaring at me one last time as he stormed away.

"Are you okay?" he sighed, kneeling once more.

"Clementine," I spoke, closing my eyes.

"What?" He asked as he helped to pull me up.

"My name is Clementine Everett," I said as he took the chains off and I smiled as I rubbed the sore spot on my wrist. "Thanks."

"Sorry about Shane. We're having a vote on wether you stay or not," he gestured to the silent group behind him.

I looked them over. They seemed to be okay, none of them looked like assholes but they weren't perfect either. This would probably be a great group for me if I ever joined one.

"She stays. She saved my life," Sophia said as she stepped up.

I smile back but frowned on the inside. I really didn't want to stay, and I don't want them wanting me there.