S I X T Y - F O U R : T E R M I N U S

"Eight Mississippi!"

"Joe!" I shout, as I rush forward, to come into clear view of Rick and Michonne as shock covers their faces.

His eyes lock on me with rage. "Hold up."

"You're stopping me at eight Daryl," he scowled.

"Just hold up," I repeated, walking closer to the man.

"This is the guy that killed Lou, so we got nothing to talk about," one of the men shook his head.

"The thing about nowadays is we've got nothing but time, so say your piece Daryl," Joe said as he continued to hold his gun against Rick's head.

"These people," I pointed at the two. "You're gonna let 'em go. These are good people."

I wasn't going to let them hurt my friends.

They could hurt me all they want, but they'd regret it if they hurt any of them.

"Now I think Lou would disagree with you on that," Joe shook his head. "I'll of course have to speak for him and all because your friend here strangled him in a bathroom."

"You want blood, I get it," I nodded at him.

I knew what I had to do to get their focus off Rick.

I threw my crossbow to the side and raised my hands.

"Take it from me man, come on," I stared into Joe's eyes which held nothing but disappointment for me.

"This man killed our friend," he shook his head. "You say he's good people, but that right there, is a lie! It's a lie!" he shouted and I heard footsteps rush onto me as the air got knocked out of me and I was pinned against the truck as the men began to send their fists into me.

I couldn't fight them and I did my best to hold out while the beatings kept coming, each blow reminding me of the failure I was.

A gunshot rang out and I verted my eyes over in fear Rick had gotten shot, but saw him on the ground as he and Joe began to fight.

My eyes then flew over to Carl as I spotted him on the ground on his front, pinned down by the over weight one and my heart dropped as I realized what the man was going to do.

I managed to get back up to my feet, wanting to go help them but I couldn't shake the men off.

Another shot rang out and I saw Michonne get butted to the floor.

"What the hell are you gonna do now sport?" Joe chuckled before Rick snapped and sent his teeth into Joe neck.

His eyes widened as he choked on his own blood and fell limp to the ground.

Thank the fucking lord.

The men became distracted for a moment as they realized their leader was now dead and I managed to fight off one of the men on me while Michonne took care of those on her before shooting the other guy on me dead.

I slammed my foot down on the one of the guys skull and heard his brain mush under my feet before turning around to see Rick repeatedly sending his knife into the man that held Carl over and over, as he let all his anger out.

<>

Daylight had broken out, and I stared down at the corpse of Joe.

"Asshole," I whispered under my breath before turning around and walked over to a bloodied Rick, who sat against the truck, staring deep into the forest.

I pulled out my rag and began to pour water on it.

"We should save it to drink," Rick shook his head at me.