Chapter XLVI

Sorry for the late update. I had a very tiring week. And I am going to have a very tiring Sunday, so I am off to bed.

Enjoy:)

Monsoon had always been wild in Mumbai, but that year it showed no mercy on the city. The city had not witnessed sunshine in weeks. Ankle deep water had become a norm. People could not quit complaining. But they did not stop. Nothing could ever stop them, rains were unsuccessful, too. Everyone was convinced that the City would stop only on the last day of its existence, never before.

When Kabir came out of the station he could not leave the roof. He had forgotten his umbrella and had nothing to shield him from the violent rains. His destination was across the road but he could not leave without getting ditched. Without any other choice, he waited for the rain to calm. After ten minutes rains did not stop but it stopped roaring. Taking advantage of the situation he started running towards the mall. When he had a roof on his head again he had enough water on him to make him sick. Shivering, he went up to the food court where he was scheduled to meet Natasha half an hour ago.

"I apologise for being late."

She smiled and waved her hand. "It is OK. Please sit."

"I will not waste your time and come to the point. I found him."

"Who? No! You are joking, right?" Kabir shook his head. "No one knows where he is."

"But I found him."

"How?"

" You are not interested in meeting him?"

She laughed. "Yes, of course."

"He is at home."

"His home?"

"Your home."

Her eyes widened instantly. "What?"

"He is talking to your parents."

"What!? How did you do that?" He smiled as a reply. "How did you find him and then convince him?"

"I just told him how it feels when you waste an opportunity to be with someone you love."

"And he agreed to come? Just for that?"

"You have very less regard for my pain."

She smiled. "I did not mean that. But that's it? That's all it took for him to take a step?"

"The thought of losing something you view as the most important person can make you do anything. Crazy things actually."

She chuckled as she was getting emotional. "Thank you." She chuckled again. "It is so funny. The man my parents chose for me and who I thought so ill off, helped me find the man I." She did not complete the sentence and laughed. "Thank you. You are the greatest man I have ever met. Thank you!"

"I didn't want anyone else to be stupid like me. Now, run home. He is dying to meet you."

She smiled widely and quickly stood up. "Thank you again. If you ever need help, I am here."

"Don't bother. Now run."

She smiled wider than before and left without wasting time. Kabir smiled after weeks. Things had not been easy for him lately. He had been under stress. His mind was working constantly at multiple things at the same time. And his temper was not making things easy for him. All the people close to him were angry. But his anger for them was greater than theirs.

"Why did you call me here?"

Kabir took a breath of relief when he saw Anya. He had something on the mind and wanted it out. It would reduce his stress and he could be himself after it was revealed. This is why he was happy to see her. But that changed when he saw her cousin. "I here" He bends closer. "Why didn't you come alone?"