Chapter XXXIV

I am really tired so I can not promise you a well edited chapter. But I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Goodnightttt. Sweet dreammssss. Take careeeee

Enjoy:)

"Sit."

Anya nodded her head and sat down on the chair across from her uncle. She was nervous and was not sure how long she would be able to lie. She was afraid of spelling the beans not because he was her uncle but because he was angry. Though he was calm and talking softly to her, his face said another story. A story she was terrified to read.

"Will you eat something?" She shook her head in a no. He nodded his head before resting his arms on the table. "I am sorry for what happened. I warned him not to come."

"It is not your fault."

"He said he heard you say something about Dia."

"We were talking about what to buy for dinner. I said Dia likes paneer so I will buy that and he has not stopped asking questions since."

"Why did you say that?"

Her heart started beating faster. "I have been thinking about her a lot. She has not left my mind." She looked down before pressing her lips together.

"Oh. I told him you know nothing. But that man listens to no one. I will make sure he does not bother you again."

"Thank you. How are you?"

He nodded his head. "Fine."

"How's Chachi?"

"Worried. She still cries but less."

"Tell her everything will be fine. I am sure Dia will be back soon and I am sure she is fine wherever she is."

"I pray for that."

Anya smiled. "Would you like to have something?"

"No, I am fine."

"But we came to a cafe. You should have something. Don't worry. I make enough money for two coffees."

He smiled. "I am glad you do. But I must go home. I come here directly from my office. I am tired."

"He came to your office to talk about me?"

"No, he called me. I sensed he would do something stupid so I came to check."

"Oh. Why is he acting like that? Suddenly he is worried about her?"

"He has been acting like that since Dia went missing."

"Really? I saw him at a mall couple of weeks ago and he seemed fine to me."

"He is unpredictable. Could not predict him back then cannot do that now ." Anya looked down. She did not like that she was the reason for his sadness. "I will leave now."

"I should leave too. Even I am getting late for home."

"How do you travel?"

"I take the train. Then I take a bus."

"Oh."

"How will you go home?" She asked her uncle.

"I got my car. I will drop you at the station."

"Thank you."

Dia tried to talk to her uncle to make him feel better. She was feeling guilty for making him sad. She felt like she did something wrong. The journey from the cafe to the station was just ten minutes long but it felt longer. She soon said bye to her uncle. For the whole journey, her mind was not at peace. Her uncle's face kept appearing in her mind.