Chapter XXXVI

Hello!

So I have said this earlier but I will say it again. I am on Instagram so if you want you can follow me! It's - Kj_story_teller

I hope to see you there!

Enjoy:)

A sudden thunder followed by lighting froze everyone for a moment. But the busy souls of Mumbai remained unaffected. A moment of pause was all could react to heavy rains. They constantly complained about the rains but nothing stopped them. That was the beauty or maybe a curse of that city.

Battling the rain a boy came running towards the station for shelter. He took a big breath of relief soon after a roof was over his head. He shook his head to wash away excess water from his hair. Then he smiled when he saw the person he came to meet. "I am so sorry."

She crossed her arms and turned her face in the other direction. He jogged towards her. "I am sorry. It's raining cats and dogs. You cannot avoid traffic in such a situation." The young lady was determined not to speak a word. She kept turning her face to escape his gaze. Anya, who was standing at a safe distance from them, was observing them closely. Her eyes were narrowed and her arms were crossed. She shook her head when the girl turned for the fifth time.

"Kids." A voice captured her attention.

She shook her head again. "Kids."

"I would have said, 'don't judge even you were a kid once', but that does not work in your case. You weren't a normal kid."

"And I cannot be more thankful."

Samar smiled while Anya turned to face him. "Why did you call me here? Is everything alright? Did something happen? Dia said something disturbing?"

"No. It's not about Dia."

"Then you should have told me that earlier! I was so scared."

"You get scared of everything. I can be careful and considerate but I cannot do anything about your assumptions."

Anya made a face before narrowing her eyes. "Why did you ask me to meet here?"

Samar pulled out a key from his pocket and extended it to Anya. "It's the key to a flat in your building. It's on the sixth floor."

"How did you get a house in such a short time?"

"It's my friend's. I knew he had a flat in that building but I didn't want you to create hope without confirmation."

"What did you tell him?"

"That's not your problem. He won't ask any questions and he will cooperate." He extended the key to her again which she took instantly. "But are you going to do that?"

"I am not sure. But won't it be safer to keep her somewhere else? What if he suddenly drops by."

Samar nodded his head. "Do whatever you think is right. Whatever helps you two be at peace will work."

Anya pressed her lips together. "I wish I didn't have to do that but." She shrugged her shoulders.

"It's OK. It is not that bad."

She shook her head. "It is not."

"Yeah."

"What's up with your stupid brother? Why is he not coming in our hand? He is always either rushing somewhere or lost. "

"I wish I knew what he is up to. He has been getting on my nerves a lot these days."

Anya's eyebrows went up. She knew making Samar angry was not an easy job and if Kabir has managed to do that then he had crossed his boundaries. "He is stupid you know that. Don't be angry. He is often a nice child."