Chapter XXXII

Anya walked out of the lift as fast as she could but Himani pulled her closer and said, "If you run away he will be sure Dia is with you. Be confident and face him."

"But."

Before Anya could complete the sentence Aman came and stood in front of her. "Why did you run like that?"

"Lift isn't a place to create a scene," Himani replied for Anya.

"What were you saying about Dia? Where is she?"

"Can you keep your voice down?" Himani was angry by the tone he used. "We all are educated. Let's act like that."

"Anya."

"You didn't even know my name a couple of months back. Stop saying it," Anya finally said.

"What do you know about Dia?"

"That she is a stupid human being who got married to you."

"Answer properly."

"Or else?"

"Anya," Himani said. "Don't provoke each other. Talk and then leave."

"What did you say about Dia?"

"That she loves paneer. Did you know that?"

"That's not the point. Why did you talk about her? You are the one who will eat it not her, right?"

"So you didn't know. I was telling her about what Dia likes. Why is that a problem?"

"Why are you even talking about her?"

"Because she is my cousin and not your personal property." Himani gave Anya an angry look. Anya rolled her eyes in her mind.  "Ever since she went missing she has been in my mind. I can not stop talking about her. But I don't expect you to understand that. You won't be thinking about her."

"Can you talk without taunting?" She actually rolled her eyes this time but she knew she cannot. "Be honest Anya. Do you know where she is?"

"No. And even if I knew what makes you think I will tell you?"

"Anya, please tell me if you know where she is. I am asking you very nicely."

"Why are you asking me? You should be out there looking for her and here you are enjoying your life."

"Anya," Himani warned her. "If you two are done then leave each other's neck. Go home both of you."

"I will find her. But if I find out her disappearance has to do anything with you."

"What will you do? Hit me? Do you think I am Dia to let you do whatever you wish to like." She looked in his eyes. "Don't you ever mess with me. You have no idea what I can do. Stay away." Himani quickly grabbed Anya's hand and pulled her out of there. Anya kept looking at him until she left the building. Himani didn't say a word until they were very far from the building. She didn't want Aman to hear them. After about fifteen minutes she turned to Anya and said, "Have you lost your mind?"

"What did I do?"

"Why were you provoking him? He is a powerful person and you know that. We cannot fight people like him. And did you have to hurt his ego? What if he starts working hard to find Dia now? Can you afford that?"

Anya removed her hand and turned around. "I was scared. I don't know what I said. I thought to talk was better than looking scared."

"Of course it was. But we must always be careful of what we say." Anya crossed her arms. Himani walked to her and said, "It's ok. You did well. He at least didn't find out."