Chapter IX

"One,  two,  three, four,  five............ forty six,  forty seven, forty eight,forty nine, FIFTY!  Why am I torturing myself by counting?  Quietly run.  Stop talking! " Ali  shook his head and continued running. He was enjoying and having a good time while running,  but he did not like being alone. He was looking for a familiar face. He knew Kabir was somewhere near. It was a daily routine for Kabir to go for a walk early in the morning in that park.  So was the daily routine of Anya and Ali.  But they all came in their own time and never coordinated their time. And they hardly crossed paths.  He smiled widely when he saw Kabir.  Kabir was running towards him, but he was lost in his own thoughts and did not notice him.  Ali jogged in the same spot until Kabir reach him and then he started running next to him.

"What do you want? "Kabir asked.

Ali frowned. "Nothing."

"Then why are you smiling? "

Ali smiled wider. "Because I am happy to see you. "

Kabir looked at him. "Why? "

"Because you are my friend!"

"Run quietly. "

Ali shook his head and quietly followed the order.  Kabir was surprised that Ali obeyed him and did not throw a commotion, but just as he got impressed by his friend Ali said, "Guess who is saw today? "

"Who? "

"That guy who used to work with us. I don't remember his name.  He was in marketing I guess. Not sure.  He left almost two years ago. "

"That was very helpful. "

Ali laughed. "He looks very cunning. He said something to me so I never liked him. He started working at a law firm after he left us."

Kabir slowed down and eventually stopped running. "You mean Kunal Chauhan?"

"I guess. I don't remember his name. "

"He started working at Dia's husband's firm. "

Ali raised his eyebrows. "How do you know that? "

Kabir started walking and Ali followed. "When he left he told me where he was joining."

"How do you know that is her husband's firm? "

Kabir shrugged. "I don't remember.  Anya talks a lot."

"She sure does. But what she does more is being weird. Look at her. " Ali motioned towards a tree behind which Anya was standing.  "These cousins sure love trees. "

"What are you doing? " Kabir asked Anya while walking towards her.

"He." She pointed at two men who were walking together.  "Is Dia's husband. "

"And the other one is Kunal," Ali immediately said.

"He used to work with us, right? " Anya asked Ali.

Ali nodded his head couple of times. "Now, he works for him. " Ali narrowed his eyes and frowned. There was something about Aman's face that was ringing a bell in Ali's head. "I have seen him somewhere. " He said to himself. 

"What is he doing here? " Anya said. "I don't think I have ever seen him here before.  Or maybe I did.  I don't know."

"He is definitely not a regular." Ali said.

"But why is he here now?  It's too close to my house. "

"Let's find out. " Kabir said before he started walking towards them.  Anya and Ali exchange glances. "What is he doing? " Anya asked.