Chapter XVII

Helllloooo.

So I am travelling and the network sucks! I have edited three or four times but due to network issues it did not get save and I had to do it again and again, hence the delay! So sorry. I hope you all like the update.

If there are any or many mistakes then please remember I have slept for only 1 and a half hour roughly in the last 24 hrs. Feel free to criticise and point our mistakes.

Enjoy:)

Anya quickly came inside the room and closed the door behind her. She jumped on the bed and covered her eyes with her fingers. The summer sun was aggressive, just as Anya was. But the sun was calm as compared to Anya. She did not like the weather or the surrounding or the people around her. She wanted to go home. But no one else wanted to go home. She was stuck and she was angry. There was nothing she could do about it. She was hoping to fall asleep, but the heat made it difficult to do anything. She kept reminding herself that she was upset. Her mind played the same video again and again. Her cousin broke her favourite wristwatch. She had kept it safe for many years and now it was in her bag, ready to be thrown away. This is why I didn't want to come, she whispered to herself. It was summer break and her paternal family was together in a farmhouse. Introvert and socially awkward, Anya, did not want to come, but her father was adamant to bring her. She had been refusing to go to family functions, events or houses for years and this time she could not escape.

After around twenty minutes she heard footsteps. Someone was running. Anya was hoping not towards her. After a few seconds, the door flew open, but Anya kept pretending she was deep in sleep.

"Di!" Dia's cheerful voice filled the room. "What are you doing here?" Anya kept up with her pretend. "Come let's play a game!" Dia jumped on the bed next to her.

"Why do you want to play?" Anya asked.

"Because I am bored. Let's do something fun."

"Let's sleep."

"No! we will play in the garden."

"Why are you so energetic? I am about to fall asleep."

Dia removed Anya's hand from her face. "Come on! We did not come here to sleep."

"Correction. I came here to sleep."

"Di!" Despite Anya's sturdy protest, Dia forced her to join her. She made her leave the room, and they started walking to where all their cousins were. Just listening to their screaming and yelling exhausted Anya. "I don't want to play Dia. I am sleepy."

"It will be fun!"

"Dia." Anya could not think of an excuse which did not put her in the negative light.

"Let's play hide and seek." Dia tried to persuade her cousin.

"It is fun only in dark."

"Board games?"

"I will sleep."

"Uno."

Anya liked that game. She did not have anything against it. But she wanted to be alone. "Can we play after an hour?"

"We will leave for the market in an hour."

"Why do we always have to leave for here and there? Did we come here to relax or to go to markets?"

"Market will be fun! We will do shopping."