Chapter XXIX

Dia frowned before crossing her arms. She was sitting on a sofa resting her back on the armrest. Her new phone was resting on the sofa in front of her. Anya entered the living room after a few minutes. Dia was ready to strike. "I." She said loudly.  Anya looked at her which made her nervous. "Your sim! I totally forgot about it." Dia shook her head but before she could say a word Anya left the room. In less than a minute, she returned with a sim card in her hand.

"Di," Dia said when Anya picked up the phone. "I don't need a phone. Nani will come back in a few days."

"Yeah, but this isn't just for that. We all have phones. I felt it was not fair that you don't have it. I felt guilty."

Dia shook her head. "No."

"Having a phone has many advantages. This will be your source of entertainment while I am not home. You get bored, don't you?" Dia shook her head again. "And it's done. I will save everyone's number for you."

"I don't want it."

"But I want you to have it. You will love it I am sure."

"But."

"Which all apps do you want?"

"I do not want any apps. I do not want this phone. I am content the way my life is. I do not want you to do anything more for me. You have already done a lot. More than I could have asked for. And you are feeling guilty. For what!? You should be the one who should feel anything but guilty. Feel proud of yourself. This is suffocating me. Your constant love and care. I feel pathetic. I am twenty-seven and my cousin is paying for everything. Do you know how that makes me feel? It makes me feel like a very small person. It makes me feel like I am a loser. A stupid loser who cannot do anything for herself." Samar was frowning by the time. "I really wanted to tell her that. But I could not. I don't know what was holding me back. I felt someone was covering my face. As if someone was controlling me. And what's more annoying is that I said everything here at the wrong place to the wrong person! I am such an idiot!" She rested her head on the table. 

"It is good that you said it somewhere."

"What is the point in that?"

"The point is you got it out of your system.  That is a good thing."

"But why did I say everything here and not to her? I do not understand that."

"Because you needed it to get out of your mind. And talking to Anya is difficult."

She frowned. "How? I have known her all my life. She is my sister and I cannot talk to her. But I can talk to you. That is so frustrating."

"I can understand that it is. But the silver lining here is that you talked. You said what you felt. Even if to the wrong person."

"What is the point?"

"The point is, you and I we both realised that you can talk. That you can express. You started expressing yourself again." Samar smiled. "That is something to celebrate."

Dia leaned back in her chair. "I don't know."

"You don't have to know." Dia sighed. "Anything else you would like to get out of your mind?" Dia shook her head. "Then ready to leave?" She bobbed her head.  "OK. I have some news for you then. Anya left for work."

She leaned forward again. "What?"

"Yeah. She had an urgent meeting so she left."

"Leaving me all alone?"

"She said she is sorry. She left you the keys and some money to go back home."

"I will stay here. When she comebacks from the office we will go together."