"Goodnight"

Warning: some pretty heavy stuff up ahead, just a heads up.

Going home was a strange celebration, a joyous cause.

They all shared their stories of their different fights, the boys finding it necessary to reenact their battles as they all laughed at how exaggerated it all seemed. They walked all the way home laughing and cheering, most of them limping, but all in good spirits with their victory.

Camila was asleep on Lauren's back, but she didn't mind. She didn't mind most things when it came to Camila. The alpha hadn't said much when they left, but the green eyed wolf figured she was just tired. It had been a harrowing fight, and one they hadn't expected for the night.

This was going to happen again, she knew, it had to if they wanted any more progress to get rid of those evil things. Lauren just knew that they had to be more prepared next time.

Kane wasn't finished, he wasn't even close, but for now they were all just satisfied with their victory. Lauren found herself thinking long and hard of all the memories she had recovered that night, finding a strange sense of calm washing over her as Camila's heartbeat resonated through her back. It gave her a comfort she couldn't explain if she tried. She just cherished it as much as she could.

"And then I was like 'GAHHHHH', you know? And then Shawn, he was like 'FUCK YOU BITCH', and then Cole came and was like 'HIYAAA', you get it?" Noah exclaimed, doing a karate kick through the air to try to demonstrate what he was referring to. "And Billie, she went for the chick one, you know, the smaller one; You know how chicks are-"

Noah stumbled as Billie slapped his arm harshly, rolling her eyes as he protested. Cole laughed and patted his shoulder as he grumbled his displeasure.

"You know, brother, sometimes you ask for it." Cole chuckled, giving Billie a side hug as she smirked.

Everyone was in a strangely good mood, even after all that mess, and Lauren smiled fondly, finding it strange that she had thought of them so easily as family before. She had undoubtedly grown attached to this group of misfits, no matter how blatantly weird she found them at times. She supposed they were the closest thing that could resemble to her family, and honestly... she wasn't too upset about it at all.

Lauren faltered as she momentarily stumbled forward, her foot getting trapped under a tree root. Her brain panicked for a moment, thinking immediately of Camila sleeping on her back, but Dinah was there in a moment, ready to catch her and keep them both upright. With a kind smile, Dinah patted Lauren off as she just stared, wide eyed and curious.

"Careful there, Lauser. Carrying precious cargo." Dinah winked, grinning wickedly as Lauren smiled shyly.

It was definitely a strange feeling.

They made it home to the Hamilton household completely exhausted, Dinah immediately running over to the couch and crashing, falling asleep instantly as the others decided that they would do the same. Ally went straight upstairs to grab a bunch of pillows with Sophie and Cole, dragging the pile down to the living room to turn in together.

Noah smiled sleepily as he helped set all the blankets down, collapsing into the soft heap and passing out immediately as well. Ally followed suit, joined by Billie, Sophie and Cole as they turned in for the night.

It wasn't even that late, maybe 10pm? But it seemed a lot later than that by far. They were all completely worn out, the events of the night taking its toll, and they fell asleep almost as soon as their heads touched the pillows.

Lauren watched with a keen eye from the front door as the household seem to all agree that sleep was what was needed. The two vampires retired to their own rooms, leaving Mama Hamilton, Normani, Lauren, Camila and Ariana in the open area in front of the front door. Mama Hamilton gave Normani a kiss on the cheek and bid them all goodnight, switching off all the lights as she made her way up the stairs to first check on the other Hamilton ladies and then go to sleep herself.