"There's something off with him"

Dinah was never one for silence, she always had something to say. But for the life of her, she could not think of any words that would ease the tension.

They were in their room, the room the wolves had all been sleeping in for the past few days. The sky had turned pitch black outside, with the only light source being the night light they had for Sophie on the bedside table.

There was a pile of mattresses, pillows and blankets all bunched up in the center of the light blue painted room, unwashed and smelling distinctly like the air freshener Ally had tried to spray everywhere to keep the smell of dog from getting too overwhelming.

There were bunk beds that lined the walls, but they remained unused and neglected for the time being. With everything going on at once, the wolves had thought it best to stick together in one bed to keep each other company.

They were all too nervous to close their eyes otherwise, and they knew they had the right reasons to be so cautious.

Dinah sat on the floor with her back resting against the wall, Normani sitting perpendicular to her with her back resting against the edge of the bottom bunk bed, while Ariana sat silently on the bunk bed beside her and tried her best not to breathe too loudly and gain any attention from the already on-edge werewolf glaring at her.

Dinah saw this as her safe place, all the wolves did; so having an unknown in her safe place was not so gratifying for her. She eyed Ariana suspiciously as Normani noticed the caster girl becoming more and more nervous and sighed, realizing that there was no way she was going to get the blonde to ease up.

Ariana merely sat on the edge of one of the bunk bed and toyed with her fingers, too afraid to look up and blatantly notice the death stares the young wolf wasn't shy in displaying.

The tension was thick, and Normani could see Dinah exploding if Ariana even dared to speak, so she saw no other choice but to be the one to set the boundaries.

"Hey, Dinah." she called, drawing the young wolf's eyes away from the anxious caster and grabbing her attention. "Could you pass me a pillow there? You know, the clean one?"

Dinah took one last suspicious look at Ariana before getting up from her place and grabbing one pillow for the awaiting Normani. She gently handed the pillow to the girl and was about to sit down when-

"And one for Ariana?"

Dinah froze, giving Normani an incredulous look. Ariana went stiff beside her as Normani watched for any sign of going too far. She was testing the waters a bit here, but that was the only way she saw this working, otherwise it all seemed a bit pointless to have saved the poor girl.

They didn't have to trust her, but they had to learn to accept her presence.

"You're kidding right?" Dinah scoffed, a battle of the eyes ensuing as they silently communicated with the looks each was giving the other.

Normani's look was scolding and pleading, while Dinah's was sarcastic and incredulous, finding it completely and utterly ridiculous that Normani would expect her to do such a thing. Ariana was a traitor to her own kind and an enemy to them. What did she expect, the medal of honor?

Normani could see that she was getting nowhere with this silent battle, and so swiftly handed her own pillow to the frozen Ariana, the pillowing slumping in the short girls' arms as she stared at it like it was a toxic bomb.

A silence ensued as Dinah glared at Normani and Normani returned her gaze head on, not allowing herself to even flinch as dark eyes bore into her. For a moment, she thought she had gone too far, Dinah looked pissed; but was shocked to find the tall girl sigh in annoyance and turn around to hand her another pillow with a scowl.