"Keep it in your pants?"

The bell rang with Camila's bright smile making everyone else she saw unable to resist smiling back. She was so proud of her jean cuffs, doodled and decorated with intricate drawings of wolves, moons, clouds, stars and symbols. She felt invincible as she walked around proudly, and Lauren merely smiled and rolled her eyes as Camila followed her out of the gates of the school.

Lauren began to make her way across the street and into her house, but when she looked back she saw a hesitant Camila, peering at her hopefully as if asking permission. Lauren rolled her eyes and swung her arm out in a gesture that said 'get your ass over here' , making Camila smile widely and do a little jump, effectively skipping across the street and following Lauren through the gates and up the threshold.

It's not like Lauren was starting to like Camila's company, she just found hers a little more tolerable and... adorable than anyone else's. That wasn't a big deal.

She opened the front door onto a scene she had never thought, or hoped she would ever see, ever... 

Jade sat on the comfy chair with a cup of red tea in her lap, with Zane perched on the arm rest next to her. The rest of the fifth moon pack all sat on the floor of the living room, listening to Great great grandmama Hamilton's stories with interested gazes. They were all so entranced in the stories, none of them noticed Lauren and Camila's arrival, other than Zane, Jade and Mama Hamilton. Great grandmama Hamilton lay sleeping in her rocking chair in the corner, Ally lightly pushing it back and forth with her foot while listening to the story.

"Ah, there you are. Up to mischief, were we?" Mama Hamilton pointed at both of them. Camila blushed, realising she was still covered in remnants of lasagna from head to toe. Lauren also lowered her head, seeing that they knew she had gotten detention. Mama Hamilton eyed them both expectantly.

"Sorry, Mama Hamilton." they both said in unison. 

Camila perked her head up and smiled at their voices speaking in unison, mouthing 'jinx!' while Lauren quirked her lip and glanced at the girl without moving. Mama Hamilton smiled knowingly.

"Wow, Mila! You smell delicious!" Billie exclaimed, picking a piece of meat out of Camila's hair.

"Yeah, Mila. I knew you were a little snack, but this is a whole new level, even for you... And that's saying something." Dinah teased, sniffing at her arm and nodding in approval. "Tasty snack."

"Ok, Dinah, I get it." Camila huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. She suddenly realised why all those people were smiling at her.

Lauren thought it was adorable, though she would never voice that out loud. She watched the display of a pack, each conversing with the other as if it was the easiest thing in the world. She felt like she was on the outside looking in, but she was used to it.

"You alright, Laur?" Normani asked, sidling up beside her best friend. Lauren found herself grateful for Normani's company and sighed in relief.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am." she smiled, bumping her shoulder against Normani's. 

"Great grandmama said we needed to have a council about how we're going to deal with the... the dread doctors." Normani cringed at the name. "So she called them earlier after school, and they've been here since."

"Lauren, help the poor child up to get a shower, I know you have some spare clothes up there."Mama Hamilton demanded, catching Lauren's attention and pointing toward the brunette being pestered and prodded by her pack. Lauren immediately lifted her eyebrow at Mama Hamilton, seeing her game. But then she looked back to find the look of excitement cross Camila's cute little face and that softened her resolve.