"Sorry, Princess, but i don't need saving"

Lauren's gaze could pierce through titanium as she glared at the taller boy, her eyes scarily glowering as she sent heavy chills of fright down his spine.

"I think it would be best if you let go now..." Normani smiled cheekily as they all stared at the green-eyed girl. They could feel her aura from where they stood, and it was stronger than ever meant to be possible.

They were intimidated.

-------------------------------

Lauren was having an internal struggle. She could not believe the nerve of this boy to even dare touch her best friend, but she was also well and too aware of the set of deep chocolate brown eyes and the smell of vanilla and chocolate that were attacking her senses. She wanted so desperately to look over, but she couldn't do it.

She wouldn't do it.

Shawn slowly let go of the girl's arm, but Lauren was reluctant to follow suit. She saw a moment of panic flash through the boys' eyes, but felt nothing toward it. She didn't hate this boy, she didn't think she could hate anyone, but for now; he was a threat.

"Laur, it's okay now. These are... will be our friends." Normani touched Lauren's shoulder. 

Lauren immediately whipped her head to look at her friend and, once seeing the assuring gaze she was receiving, softened. She released the boy with a shrug, no longer seeing a threat and so no longer caring. She let her posture relax, finding that the others relaxed as soon as she did. 

She realised; they saw her as a threat

She looked to the ground, afraid of catching her gaze, but also not willing to look the others in the eye either. She wasn't good with new people, and often felt uncomfortable, so she let Normani do the talking.

---------------------------------

Camila could not stop staring. Lauren was so... mysterious. She was fierce

Her name, Camila thought, suited her perfectly. She would forever see other girls with the same name and think that they didn't look like a Lauren unless they looked like this Lauren. Her Lauren.

'That's her...' Camila thought. Her pack immediately all threw their heads to stare incredulously at their alpha. Their thoughts were all silenced, all too shocked to form coherent sentences even in their minds. It was all, 'gasp!'

"Lauren, their a pack of werewolves." Normani addressed her friend. Lauren merely nodded, as if this wasn't new to her. "Sorry, she doesn't talk much, to anyone really. I'm basically her only friend." 

Lauren glared at Normani, who laughed good-naturedly at her friends' poor attempt at a pout. "She's just not good around people, you know, lone wolf and all." Normani concluded, suddenly realising the tension the other group were feeling. "Uh... you guys okay?"

"Yea- yes! We are fine! Completely... fine..." Dinah tried.

"Why are you a lone wolf?" Billie asked, blunt as always. Lauren found herself unable to resist looking up at the grey-eyed girl, who watched curiously defensive as the green eyes pierced into her. "Damn, girl! Put those away! Those eyes are scary."

Lauren merely smirked and looked on. She was used to this, and wasn't easily offended. No one was close enough to her to offend her, instead of maybe the Hamilton's. Theirs was the only opinion she cared about. She let the girl adjust as she watched on, carefully avoiding her gaze, but looking at all the others. Or, more like, evaluating; but she tried to be low-key about it.