"Oh, hell to the no."

Lauren was terrified.

It hadn't taken her very long to realise that she wasn't the only one on the hunt, and she immediately knew who the hunter was as well. She could feel her aura from half a mile away.

She had watched on with interest, intrigued by Camila's methods of stalking. The young wolf was too excited, let out too much enthusiasm to really be taken seriously.

Lauren really didn't want to, but she found herself intrigued... okay, fine, she was completely enamored with the brown wolf. Camila's eyes danced playfully on her prey, and although she was silent, she tripped many times as she stalked, giving Lauren the distinct urge to smile in endearment.

It was when the deer began acting strangely that Lauren began to suspect something. It's heartbeat was suddenly too erratic, and although Camila was doing a pretty crappy job of hunting... it just wasn't normal. When Camila lunged, she wasn't surprised when it just died on the spot. It's heartbeat was way too high and the deer ultimately died of a heart attack. But what made it do so was what was puzzling Lauren. 

She glanced around, trying to catch sight of any other werewolves, but her heartbeat momentarily picked up when she thought of the possibility... It could be them. But Normani had promised her, so it couldn't be. It had to be something else, otherwise Normani would have told her to be careful, she was sure of it.

Camila suddenly paused, causing Lauren to follow suit. Lauren couldn't see what Camila was seeing, but it was like she could feel her sheer terror as she cowered. She was frozen on the spot, too afraid to flinch. Lauren merely watched, as afraid to move as Camila was as the atmosphere turned dark. The birds stopped chirping, the sky seemed to turn grey, the leaves began to smolder beneath her feet.

That's when she heard the noise, that horrible metallic clicking sound, and the three... metal men? She didn't know how else to describe them, just that they brought about an atmosphere of horribly unnatural death and mold. They each had different metallic masks and wore long brown work cloaks with many pockets filled with various equipment.

She watched on as they slowly made their way over to Camila, and the look on Camila's face... she couldn't hold in her growl at the men's presence.

She immediately realised her mistake as another clicking noise suddenly stirred from one of them. 

That's what gave her away. 

The inability to let go as she saw her... as she saw her Camila frozen in fright.

The inability to see her get hurt.

-----------------------------------

Camila could only watch as Lauren thrashed and snapped in the man's hand... or whatever he was; all she registered was his fingers clamped around her throat.

She suddenly felt a rush of defiance, a push of outrage as she saw her soulmate, her Lauren, being confined that way. With a burst of courage mixed with indignation, she lunged forward with an angry growl, grabbing the man's arm between her powerful jaws and crushing it between sharp teeth. He immediately let go as his arm began to spurt out gas, the fabric covering the joints of his metallic suit ripping. 

The other two surged forward and grabbed Camila, pinning her down as the third crushed Lauren's head between his fingers and threw her next to the brown wolf. Camila whimpered desperately as she saw Lauren's unconscious body lay next to her helplessly. The men displayed unbelievable strength as Camila thrashed savagely, trying to inch closer to Lauren as the men's hands held her down.

The third one, now free to move without Lauren to confine, suddenly brought out a needle the size of his arm, a massive contraption containing what looked like a toxic substance. Camila thrashed even more wildly, now trying to evade the third intruder as he edged closer to her.