"Just stop it already, you idiots."

There were a few things that could shock an alpha. Especially this particular alpha.

Crazy dread doctors that try to kill you, people who actually like to eat salmon, and Lauren Jauregui.

When I say that the young alpha was shocked, I mean the kind of shock you get when you're completely blindsided, the kind of shock that electricity gives you when it shoots through your veins. Along with it came this warm feeling, like an intense heatwave crawling between her muscles. She hadn't expected it, and neither had Lauren. It was like something locking together in their chests, making them constrict with the power of it all, the power that they seemed to give each other.

They had made physical contact.

Camila panicked for a mere second, her whole body becoming completely rigid as she focused on Lauren's hand grazing hers. She didn't even truly hold her hand, their fingers only touched. But it was enough.

There was a special bond that happened when two soulmates touched for the first time. Naturally, it was called 'the bonding', and it came with many rules. The witches saw it happen a second before it actually did, and Normani and Mama Hamilton had both sat up immediately to try and stop it, but it was too late. The wolf goddess had done this on purpose, they knew. They would usually see this kind of thing hours before so they would be prepared, but Luna kept it from them on purpose.

It was in those seconds that all chaos ensued. The wolves, sensing their alpha's panic, immediately shot up and attacked Lauren. 

Shawn immediately tackled the dazed dark-haired girl onto the floor with a crash, leaving an even more dazed Camila stumbling backwards. He held her down as the girls all tended to Camila, trying to get her to reply. But all she could do was stare at Lauren, a haze of confusion clouding her eyes. Just as the other boys were about to help Shawn, they all had to duck out of the way as Shawn was thrown backwards, smashing into Cole so hard that they both fell onto the living room floor.

"Stop! Stop it, she'll kill you!" Normani screamed, but they weren't listening.

"Mila, what happened? What happened, damnit!" Dinah shook the smaller girl, but found no reply.

"I'm gonna kill her!" Shawn screamed in fury, scrambling up and racing toward the girl again.

Lauren didn't say a word, still completely shaken from the contact. She could feel every pore in her body tingling. It was so strong, it almost hurt, like pins and needles littering her skin. She was in a confused state, so when Shawn attacked her once more, instincts took over.

She let out a growl scary enough to make all their hairs raise as Shawn tried to tackle her, but she grabbed the back of his neck easily and pushed down, making him face plant into the ground with a thump. Shawn groaned, but Lauren wasn't paying attention to him. She hated this feeling going all over her body. She hated how good it felt.

The rest of the pack all growled and took a step toward the dazed looking girl, anger seething through them.

"Stop." Camila commanded quietly. "Just stop it already, you idiots."

They all paused with a frown, listening to something Camila was saying in their heads.

"Honestly, are you people crazy?" Normani exclaimed angrily. "You're attacking her! What threat is she posing?"

Lauren couldn't take it any more, she bolted out the door, leaving a longing feeling in Camila's chest that the alpha knew the other girl could feel. So why was she leaving? Why would she do that to both of them?

-------------------------------------

Lauren was angry.

She was angry that she had let this happen, she was angry at that Shawn boy for attacking her, she was angry at the rest, who she was at least beginning to trust. And she was mad at Camila, she was mad at the power the girl obviously had over her, and she was also angry at herself for letting it go so far. She should never have let herself get so comfortable. She thought that it would be okay, if she just let herself be friends with the girl while maintaining a healthy distance, they'd be okay.