"We got your back"

First Fanfic, let's GOOOOOO!!!!

---------------------------------------------

High school was hard enough without all the complications. You had all the usual problems: peer pressure, sexuality, bullying, tests; all the normal things that make the high school experience the hell it was meant to be. But that was supposed to stay that way, it wasn't supposed to be filled with the supernatural. Camila wasn't supposed to have unnatural urges, she wasn't meant to hear things being whispered from across the room, or smell things from further than any person should.

But that wasn't her reality, she was well aware of this. She was meant for other things, and that was made evident by many factors. Mainly focusing on one very vital fact:

She was a werewolf.

It's not like she didn't know she was different; she had always known. This was her normal, no matter how strange it was. Hell, she was an alpha, she should be used to it by now. But no, she would never be used to it, and she would always wonder what it would be like to have a normal... human life.

Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao was the alpha leader of the fifth moon pack, the princess to the former alpha, Alejandro Cabello, now deceased. Her father had died when she was very young and had left her with the title of alpha, but at that time she was too young. Her whole life had been in preparation for her coronation as the leader of her pack.

And when she turned fifteen she ran away. She left her pack behind, knowing exactly what that meant. She was a deserter, but if you had known what they expected from her... you would have run away too.

So she made her own pack, though it took a little while.

Her pack was small, but they were strong, and mainly made up of young wolves. Most had been former lone wolves, but Camila had saved each of them, who each swore themselves to her. And don't get me wrong, it's not like she was this big, bad wolf that everyone was afraid of; no, absolutely not. She was actually very clumsy and very small.

What made her different was that she cared; she truly and deeply cared about each and every member of her pack. She would do anything for them, and they would die for her.

So, going through the hallway of her new high school, her 'posse' trailing behind her, made her extremely nervous to say the least. They had all relocated to avoid conflict with another pack on the north side, finding themselves a new cabin in the woods and a new school in the process. She was nervous for three reasons.

One- it was a new school and that always gave her the jitters.

Two-she was worried about how the school would react to her admittedly intimidating 'posse'.

And three-she was clumsy as hell and everyone was looking at her. That was not a good combination.

'You good, Chanch?' Dinah spoke in her head. They were all able to speak in each other's minds, which was often very annoying, but was helping Camila with her nerves right now. Dinah was her second in command, the first to be saved by Camila who had found the blonde half dead in the middle of the woods after being kicked out by her previous pack. Dinah never liked to talk about why she was kicked out, but Camila knew; and Camila was very protective of her because of it, but not as protective as Dinah was of her. She knew this, and she loved Dinah all the more for it.

'Think so...' she replied, chewing her lip in her habitual manner. They were all still watching her specifically, as if they knew she was the leader, and that made her even more nervous.

'Don't worry, Mila. We got your back...' Billie said, glaring at anyone who would dare to look at her alpha the wrong way. Camila had found Billie in an abusive relationship with another male wolf. The girl was desperate for a way out because she knew if she stayed any longer, he was going to kill her somehow. So, Camila had helped her escape, effectively taking her in and allowing her to join the pack. Billie was and would forever be indebted to her alpha, and she was fierce in protecting her.