19

Time froze as the little walkers stumbled out the barn and the group falls in silence.

"Sophia?" Isabella's eyes fly over to Carol who's sobbing as she begins to run for her daughter. "Sophia!"

Carol nears the little girl before Daryl throws his shotgun to the side and grabs Carol, bringing her to the ground.

Isabella takes in his face, she knew he wasn't one for emotions, but even his face held shock as they looked upon the corpse of the little girl.

Isabella watched with sad eyes as a tearful Rick slowly walked to the girl and brought out his gun.

Isabella looked down and closed her eyes as she waited for the single gunshot with a sobbing Carol in the background.

She flinched when she heard the shot and looked back up, looking at the fallen walker.

Isabella's heart ached for the woman, knowing how it was to lose someone close to you.

Suddenly Beth breaks through the group, hysterically crying and runs to search for her mother despite Rick's protest.

She pushes off a walker body as she brings in her fallen mother to her legs, with the remainder of the group looking sorrowfully at the broken girl.

Everything happened so fast and Isabella gave no struggle when Bear left Isabella's side as Beth's mother comes back to life, and tried to bring in the girl to sink her teeth into the young girl's shoulder.

Beth screams in horror as Bear beats Rick in bringing down her mother, clamping his jaws hard against the walker's skull, bringing an end to it.

Rick pulls her away and she runs to her boyfriend, as the two begin to walk back to the house.

"Bear, here," Isabella whispered as she began to walk away from the barn, knowing she had no place to stay there.

She had just become a member of the group yesterday, and she knew some members didn't like her.

She hurried into Daryl's tent and laid down on the few blankets that made her bed.

After a few moments she heard the group moving around and she sighed as she got up and walked out to see the commotion.

She saw some of the group surrounding the walkers and she knew she would have to help.

"Bear, stay," she whispered as she walked over to the barn to hear Rick and them discussing what to do with the bodies.

They would bury the ones they loved, and burn the rest.

She then began to help the group dig human-sized holes for Sophia and Hershel's deceased family.

Soon enough they were done with the graves and Isabella stepped out the hole with a frown, looking down at the small grave she helped dig up for Sophia.

"I'll go get 'em," Lori whispered as she walked away and went to get Daryl and Carol.

Isabella followed suit after a few moments and headed back to Daryl's tent.

She was unsure if she should go to the funeral.

What if the group didn't want her there?

"Isabella?" she heard someone whisper and she craned her neck to look at the entrance, to spot Glenn peering in.

"Something wrong?" she asked, sitting up.

"Yeah," Glenn nodded. "You're not at the funeral."

"I don't belong there Glenn," she shook her head. "I didn't even know Sophia."