1

Isabella González kept running, despite her heavy panting. She had to beat her time.

With a final push, she stopped running and ended her time.

7:35.

It took her seven minutes and thirty-five minutes to run a full mile. She growled, throwing her water bottle on the ground.

She had wanted to lose six pounds.

Isabella was nowhere near fat, but she wanted to stay under one fifteen, and she currently weighed one twenty-one.

She scowled, she had let herself over indulge in food over the summer.

She had gone on a cruise with Thomás, her boyfriend to Alaska. It was a seven-day trip, starting in Vancouver and ending in Seattle.

The cruise stopped at several different Alaskan ports, giving the passengers a day to tour.

The buffet was endless, Isabella still missed the food. From burgers to caviar, they had everything for everyone.

She had even been brave and decided to try escargot. Sure, it was pricey, but she had never had it and she knew she would never get another chance.

Her favorite part was probably going whale watching and spending endless nights with Thomás.

After walking a lap around the track to cool down, Isabella decided to head home. She walked to her motorcycle, and started the short drive home.

~

She pulled in front of her small house and sighed, staring at the run down building.

It definitely wasn't her home, but merely the place where she lived. It was the runt of the neighborhood.

She knew the neighbors hated her and her house. After all, her house was lowering the real estate values in the neighborhood.

She hoped off the bike and started walking to her house, when she stopped, noticing something that never happened.

Thomás' truck was in her driveway. He never visited her, she would go to his house.

She smiled as she walked up to her door, what did Thomás have planned?

She opened the door and immediately her smile disappeared.

The living room reeked of alcohol and Isabella grimaced.

She hated when Thomás drank. It was rare that he did, but when he did, he was a different man.

He was sitting in her rocking chair and kept staring straight into the blasting TV. She placed her keys on the small table next to the door and walked across the room towards him.

"Hey baby," she did her best to smile at him.

His fists clenched against the beer bottle and his head spun towards her. "Hey baby? Don't you hey baby me!" he shouted, shooting to his feet.

She winced back, but did her best to not make it obvious. "What's wrong Thomás?" She asked, inching closer to him.

"What's wrong? Where the hell have you been?" he walked towards her.

"I was at the track, I was running," she said, trying not to back away from Thomás.

"You were running?" he scoffed, tightening his grip on the beer bottle, causing his knuckles to turn white. "Why would you bother running? You're already overweight."

Ouch. That hurt. She wanted to kick him out, but she couldn't bring herself to. She knew Thomás didn't mean anything he was saying, he was drunk.

"Excuse me?" she growled looking him in the eye.