15

Isabella squinted as her eyes did their best to adjust to the sunlight.

Daryl came in a while ago and told her that the group decided to just cut her loose, and she was much relieved.

She had expected to hear the news that they were going to kill her.

She wondered what made the group decide not to kill her.

"Let's go," Rick sighed as he gently grabbed Isabella, leading her to the car.

"Wait!" Isabella planted her feet to the ground, refusing to move.

"What?" Rick scowled, growing annoyed.

"My dog," she pointed her face in the direction of where Bear was playing with Carl in the distance. "I'm not leaving without him."

Rick sighed.

"Go grab the damn dog Daryl," Rick scowled as he began leading Isabella to the car once more, opening the door.

He put the girl in the car and pulled out a blindfold, tying it around her head, covering her eyes. "Just in case you get any ideas," he whispered and backed out the car, closing the door.

Daryl walked over to Carl and took in the sight of the two playing and getting along. "Hey Carl," he shouted, grabbing the little boys attention.

"What is it?" the boy stopped, turning to just pet the dog.

"It's time," he nodded.

Carl sighed, and looked in the direction of where Isabella was getting into the car before turning to look back at the rottweiler wagging his stubby tail at Carl, oblivious to his owner about to leave.

"Bye boy," Carl kneeled down and hugged the dog tightly. "I'll miss you," he stood to his full height and nodded at Daryl.

Daryl whistled and the dog bounded up to him. "Come on boy, let's go," Daryl said softly as he began leading the dog to the car.

Daryl was gonna miss having the dog around, it added excitement, and gave Carl a distraction. It was as if the boy wasn't trying to survive in an apocalyptic world.

Daryl reached the car where Rick was waiting, leaning against the front door.

"You ready?" Rick asked as he opened the back door, allowing the dog to hop in with its owner.

Darl nodded as he then hopped in the passenger seat while Rick took the wheel, and soon they were off to drop the girl off far away.

<>

"Alright," Rick said as he pulled the car to a stop an hour later. "Here we are."

He hopped out the car and walked around to where the girl sat, with Daryl following suit.

Rick opened the back door and Daryl gently grabbed the dogs collar, pulling him out the car and the dog bounded out, landing softly on the ground.

"Let's go," Rick grumbled as he grabbed the girl and pulled her out the car.

He led her to a tree and sat her down, untying her wrists, only to tie the rope around the tree.

"Only for safety precautions," Rick brought down the blindfold and the girls eyes pieced Rick's with a hard glare. "Don't need you following us back."

Daryl opened the trunk and pulled out a small bag that contained a small ration of food, enough to last maybe two days and he tossed it on the ground next to the girl.

"There's enough food in there for a few days," Rick sighed as he stood to his full height. "We're not complete monsters."

Rick then walked to the trunk and grabbed the girls crossbow, making sure all of her bolts were there, with an additional five.