51

Carl entered the house not too long after, spooking Rick awake.

"Did you have fun with Ron today?" Isabella asked as she stepped into the living room from the kitchen, with her apron on.

"Sure," he said and went upstairs. Isabella sensed something was off with Carl, but didn't push it.

Rick got up from the couch and went into the kitchen where she was making lunch.

"I'm glad he's making some friends, it was hard enough for him out there being the only kid for so long," Isabella said as Rick leaned against the counter with his back.

"Yeah, I know."

"I miss being a kid. I remember staying up late playing video games and then all the crude jokes, they always made me laugh and still do. I have an immature mind," Isabella softly laughed when remembering her teenage years.

"I didn't play video games too much, but the jokes were funny till 8th grade. Guess everyone matures differently," he laughed.

"Oh hush," she laughed.

It didn't take her long to finish lunch and soon the four of the family members sat around the table. Carl was quieter than usual but Isabella didn't push it.

Soon he finished and walked back upstairs and Judith began to babble. It was about to be the time when she'd begin to slowly begin talking, and Isabella wondered what her first words would be.

"How much do you wanna bet that she'll say momma before dadda?" Isabella said.

"I don't need to bet, because that'll never happen," he laughed.

A knock sounded from the door and Rick went to answer. It was Pete. Something was off about him and Isabella didn't like being near him.

He gave similar vibes Tomás had given off; which weren't friendly.

"Hi Pete," Rick slowly said.

"I came by to thank you for helping my wife today, I brought you beer," he offered a bottle to Rick.

"No, I'm good," Rick refused.

"Don't tell me you're still on duty."

"I'm always on duty."

Isabella's heart was racing. She glanced at Carl who'd come downstairs, who was also tense. Bear watched from the corner of the living room on his bed. She knew if anything happened suddenly, the two would jump in to help Rick instantly.

"I heard you lost your wife," Pete then said.

Isabella looked to the ground in thought while Rick tensed at that.

"I have a wife."

Pete looked at Isabella who had walked some feet from the dining table. She felt gross being under his sight.

Rick noticed the discomfort in her eyes, he'd only seen it before when they came across Tomás in the prison. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"I think you should go," Rick said quickly.

Pete nodded and began heading out. "It was nice seeing you all."

"Are you okay?" Rick gently asked after Rick was quick to close the door behind Pete.

"Um-"

Another knock came from the door not giving her the chance to say anything back. It was Maggie.

She explained to them that Gabriel had told Deanna that she made a mistake letting the group in. Isabella saw the anger erupt from Rick and Isabella felt just as much rise in herself as he.

Captive | The Walking Dead |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें