48

The next morning came and the group began preparing to leave.

"Any trouble during the night?" Glenn asked as Isabella hopped down the RV

She shook her head. "Just the fans wanting to pay you a visit, but I scared them away."

Glenn laughed and Isabella went inside the RV to help load it up.

She went in the back to check on Aaron and Eric.

"How're you two holding up?" She asked warmly.

"We're okay, thank you," Eric nodded.

"Better knowing Eric's safe," Aaron said gratefully. "Isabella, thank you for keeping him safe. I don't know what I would've done if something happened to him."

"I know the feeling," Isabella whispered.

"What do you mean?" Aaron asked.

"I was separated from the group for a while, I thought they were dead and didn't want to keep living. I'm trying to make up for all the bad things I did now knowing they're alive."

"Well thank you."

"Of course, the world could use better people, people better than me. You two look like you could fit those spots."

"You seem decent to me, but thank you anyways."

"No, thank you for giving us a chance at a better life. Thank you giving me a chance to give my children a better life," she smiled. "I'll let you two rest up."

She went back to the front and spotted Rick stepping into the RV.

"Everything good?" he asked.

"Just needed to talk to Aaron and Eric," she told him.

Soon the RV sputtered and the group climbed out to access the damage.

Glenn and Isabella quickly noticed it simply needed the spare battery and they showed Abraham where the spare was. Isabella smiled warmly at Glenn as it was Dale who taught him RV stuff.

She missed Dale.

While Abraham lifted the battery to put in the front, Isabella put her hand on Glenn's shoulder and smiled at him, knowing Dale was on his mind.

She spotted Michonne and Rick in a deep conversation and hoped Michonne would talk some sense into the man. She no longer felt jealous seeing them two talk, she knew she had no reason to be jealous and she saw how the two had formed a close friendship. She was glad he had someone to talk to while she gone from the entire month.

Soon the three of them managed to get the RV started and the group cheered in relief.

The group piled in the RV and Isabella went to little red car with Rick and the kids.

"Before we go, I need to do something," he told her, and she nodded.

"Be careful," she told him, planting a kiss on his lips and sat in the passenger side with the kids in the back, patiently waiting for Rick to return.

Soon the two cars pulled up in front of the gates. Isabella and Rick were nervous.

Isabella heard voices inside. She heard kids laughing, she heard women and men's voices coming from inside, they were laughing and no screams.

She looked at Rick, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"We can do this," she told him, placing her hand on his.

They got out the cars, and Isabella grabbed Judith so Rick could be able to use his gun if needed.

They slowly walked to the gates, in silence. A possum knocked over the trash can and everyone jumped, aiming their weapons at it.