42

Rick, Carl and Michonne froze as they heard multiple rounds of gunshots ring out in the distance.

It was the next day and they'd reunited with Michonne and were off on their way to a camp to take refuge.

"You think it's one of our own?" Michonne asked.

"If it is, they're already dead. We can't help, we don't know where they are and we'd only get ourselves killed, let's just hope it's not someone close to us," Rick said.

Night fast approached, and the group was attacked by a violent group who were out for revenge. The three almost died, but Daryl was in it and quickly saved them.

Rick bit out one of the member's necks to save Carl.

After everything calmed down, Rick and Daryl collected their composure against a truck.

"I was with Beth, we got separated and that's how they found me," Daryl explained. "I knew they were bad but they had a code, it was stupid but it was enough."

"And you were alone, it's not on you. Hey, it's not on you okay?" Rick sternly told Daryl. "You being here now means everything, you're my brother okay?"

The two held contact as they lightly smiled at one another.

"Have you seen anyone? Know if anyone's dead?" Daryl whispered, not wanting to hear the news of anyone dying.

"Judith and Isabella. They're both gone."

"Fuck," Daryl hissed as he felt the tears brim from his eyes. He cared deeply for Isabella, he saw her as a sister and he hated himself for letting something happen to her.

"We'll get through this," Rick said, more to himself than Daryl. "We're strong, we'll make it out alive."

<>

Isabella was still reeling from the fact that she was alive and invisible to the things.

After shooting into the sky, so many walkers emerged, and she was prepared to take them all out but they continued to ignore her. She tried so hard to get them to notice her, even slicing her skin open to get their attention but still nothing.

It was the next day and Isabella had no idea on what to do. She was alone, everyone in the group had died, and even if they did survive, she knew they wouldn't last.

It didn't help that the day before, she found the bus that held the children, and not far from it was a bloody collar of Bear's.

Bear was gone, and like everyone in the group, like Guillermo, she'd never see him again.

She didn't stop moving, but she had no destination in mind. She wouldn't try in finding the group and knew she had to build a life for herself now.

She came across an abandoned outdoor sporting store and while much had been ransacked, few items remained.

She found a new bag to hold her stuff and she stashed as many clothes as she could find, and threw on a sleeved jacket. It wasn't warm enough for one, but she had to hide the bite mark. If someone found her with it, they'd put an end to her immediately.

As she journeyed she found herself constantly looking at the photos of the past, with every glance bringing her to tears.

Later, after managing to score some game, Isabella peacefully ate, and while she was still getting used to being invisible, she found herself enjoying not worrying about the walkers.

She could listen to music without worry from them, but she knew if humans found her they wouldn't be so kind.

Branches snapped behind her but she paid no attention knowing the walkers wouldn't hurt her. But it wasn't a walker.