4

"Them guns worth more than gold," Daryl paced around. "Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You willing to give that up for the kid?"

Guillermo had no right in choosing that getting those damn guns were more valuable than her.

"If I knew we might get Glenn back, I might agree," the African American said.

Isabella stared at the wall, with her fists clenched.

How could Guillermo do that to her?

How could he value those guns over her life?

Daryl glanced at the girl, and felt some pity for her.

He knew what she felt like.

"But you think that vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?" he finished.

Isabella scoffed. "You calling my brother a liar?"

She didn't know why she was still standing up for him, but she had to. He was her brother.

"Are ye part of this?" Daryl growled, glaring at her.

"Question is, do you trust this man's word?"

"No, question is what are you willing to bet on it?" Daryl asked. "Could be more than guns. Could be your life. Glenn worth that to you?"

Isabella couldn't believe how this man wasn't willing to do anything to get a group member back. She would do anything to get one of her group members.

The sheriff places his gun in its holster and looks at Daryl. "What life I have, I owe him. I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could have walked away, but he didn't," the sheriff argued, wanting to get his friend back. "Neither will I."

"So you're gonna hand the guns over?"

"I never said that," Isabella froze. They wanted to attack her home. "There's nothing keeping you two here. You should get outta here, head back to camp."

The guy standing next to her sighed. "And tell your family what?"

The guys fell silent, before Daryl gave a small nod before they all began loading up the guns.

"You guys can't be serious," Isabella started to say, standing up.

Daryl turned to her, and pointed to the floor, silencing her.

She grumbled and sat back down, running her hand through her hair.

She knew her group could take them, but how much blood would they spill?

~

Isabella approached the gates, with the end of a gun on her back.

Her mouth had a gauze in it, with her hands tied behind her.

They reached the gate, and they immediately opened. Daryl pushed her inside and the group followed her inside.

Guillermo approaches them, and takes in the sight of Isabella. He then looks at the sheriff.

"I see my guns, but they're not all in the bag," he glares at him.

"That's because they're not yours," the sheriff continues aiming the gun at Isabella.

"Let's just shoot these fools right now ese," Felipe scowls into Guillermo's ear.

He puts his hand up stopping Felipe, glaring at the men in front of him. "I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation."