66

The pair fell asleep with their legs tangled, arms wrapped around another.

Light was barely peeking from the corner when a voice came from the room.

"Rick, Rick," a man whispered and both Rick and Isabella shot up, aiming their weapons at the man, neither giving a shit they were naked.

"Guess Bear decided to take the night off," Isabella said, glaring at the man.

"Gave the dog a treat," the man laughed. "We should talk Rick."

"I'll give you two time to get dressed," he said, excusing himself as if they'd invited him in.

"Who the fuck was that?" Isabella hissed as she threw on her pants.

"The asshole we met yesterday," Rick said, pulling his pants as well.

Isabella threw on a tank top, and ran outside, leaving Rick behind.

Carl had his gun trained on the stranger, not daring to lower his gun.

Glenn, Abraham, Daryl and Maggie bounded up their stairs, guns unlocked and loaded.

"You said you wanted to talk," Rick said, staring at the man that called himself Jesus. "So let's talk."

Isabella was quick to send a tap to the man's back with her crossbow, signaling him to get up and go downstairs. Daryl grabbed his collar and forced him downstairs with the others aiming their gun at him in case he tried anything.

They sat him at the dining table, and everyone sat down, putting their weapons in plain sight. Daryl was the only one who remained standing, pacing back and forth behind the man they began to interview.

Isabella wondered what Daryl went through out there for him to clearly want to kill the man so much.

"So, how'd you get out?' Rick asked.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order right?" Jesus responded.

"Right," Daryl grunted.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time," he started. "You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have, 54 is it?"

"More than that," Maggie said from across Isabella.

"Well I appreciate the cookie, my compliments to the chef," Jesus then said.

"Yeah she ain't here," Daryl said.

Isabella loved how Daryl and Carol had such a strong friendship, she knew it wasn't romantic but they clearly cared deeply for one another.

Jesus turned to Daryl.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side. The living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out for other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you look like trouble."

"I was wrong, you're good people. And this is a good place, I think our communities may be in a position to help one another," he said.

Nobody said anything.

"Do you have food?" Glenn asked.

"We've started to raise livestock," Jesus answered.

"If there's any pigs, I'm out," Isabella chimed.

"We scavenge, we grow, everything from tomatoes to sorghum," Jesus then added.

"Tell us why we should believe you?" Rick sent a deadpan look at him.