45

The next morning Isabella and Rick couldn't keep smiles off their faces and the group managed to put pieces together.

Isabella found it nice to finally be able to smile and laugh after holding nothing but anger for so long.

Maggie and Glenn pulled her aside.

"Does this mean Ricabella is finally official?" Maggie grinned.

"Although I never approved of the name," Isabella laughed. "Yes, we're finally official."

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Maggie repeatedly squealed, enjoying having something good happen in her life after losing Beth.

This caught the group's attention. "Don't you all agree it's about damn time these two finally got together?" Maggie addressed the others.

"Maggie," Isabella whispered, her heart racing in embarrassment.

"About fucking time!" Michonne laughed as she nodded.

"I could always smell the hormones reeking from both of y'all," Daryl nodded.

"Oh hush everyone," Isabella rolled her eyes with the widest grin.

"Well I'm glad you two are finally together," Carl quipped and Isabella smiled fondly at the boy. "I mean that. You and my dad are meant for each other."

"Thanks kid," she smiled as she brought him in for a quick hug and the group was giddy from excitement and for a moment all felt well.

But reality quickly came and they realized they couldn't stay the night.

"So even if we reach DC, where are we gonna find a place to stay?" Isabella asked.

"We don't know, but it's worth a shot," Rick said. "It's certainly better than constantly moving day after day."

The group unanimously agreed on going to DC but would make a stop at Noah's community in Richmond. Soon everyone began packing their bags with supplies from the house and walkers began banging on the doors to enter. It was at least a dozen and Isabella volunteered.

"I'll get them," she said and Rick nodded.

"Be careful."

She snuck out the back of the house and quickly took them out as they advanced on the house. The group soon began trailing out the house and Rick tossed her bag as he bounded down the stairs.

"Made sure everything was in there," he said, stopping beside her as she threw it on after checking in it. "The photos are in there, don't worry."

"Thank you," she gave him a genuine smile and the two gave each other a quick kiss.

"Alright lovebirds, let's hit the road! We got shit to do," Abraham said and Isabella laughed.

It'd only been a day and already the redhead had made an impact on her. She already liked him and knew he'd make an impact on the group.

The group weren't stuck walking long as after leaving the house they came across a trio of cars. Each had a full tank and Isabella wondered if the original group had met an ill fate that she caused but decided not to think about it.

The group divided evenly into the three and Isabella was stuck in the car with Rick, Carl, Judith and Daryl

"You boys better not stink this car up," she commented as she sat in the backseat next to Judith in a makeshift car seat. "Judith and I will not hesitate in using lethal force to get rid of the problem."

Rick and Daryl simply laughed as Rick began to drive the group towards their destination.

"So, to clarify, we're going to Richmond in search of Noah's family? You think they're even still alive?" Isabella asked.