74

"Enid! Go call Rick!" Isabella ordered the girl as she rushed to Maggie's side, who was clutching her stomach.

"Maggie? Maggie, what's wrong?" Isabella asked, her heart fearing the worst.

"I don't-I don't know," she cried, and screamed as another wave of pain rushed over her.

"Here, squeeze my hand, come on, I can take it," Isabella outheld her hand, and Maggie quickly grabbed it.

With each rush of pain, Maggie squeezed Isabella's hand tightly, and Isabella didn't flinch at the pain.

She knew if they didn't get to Hilltop soon, Maggie could lose the baby.

Rick swung the door open with Abraham and Enid in tow.

"It's Maggie! We need to get her to the Hilltop now!" Isabella explained from the door. "Don't worry love, we're not letting anything happen to that baby."

Abrahamed gently moved Isabella aside as he lifted Maggie bridal style, carrying her into the RV outside the house.

Enid ran off, to get help and Isabella could faintly hear Enid and Carl arguing from the armory but she couldn't go off to mediate for them.

She focused on Maggie, ensuring she was comfortable in the RV, giving her as many blankets as she needed and promised to stay by her side the entire ride.

Isabella heard Rick talking to Abraham, Sasha and Eugene out there. She could faintly make out that all three of them would join them for protection on the road.

"Maggie, listen to me, you are not dying today," Isabella sternly said. "You are going to Hilltop, your baby will live and Glenn will meet us there and everything will be okay."

Isabella then heard Aaron also volunteer to go, and said Rick would have to tie him again if he didn't want him going. That almost made Isabella laugh but she was too focused on the rapidly declining Maggie.

"Maggie," she said as Maggie closed her eyes for a bit. "Your dad gave me another chance, and I loved that man with all my heart. I'm honoring him today but not letting you die, so please, please hold on, for me, for Hershel, for Glenn, and for that unborn baby."

Maggie slowly nodded, lightly squeezing Isabella's hand.

"You don't need to be at my side the entire time," Maggie mustered up.

"Please, I'm never leaving your side if I don't have to," Isabella ressuared her, earning a grateful nod from Maggie.

"Let's go!" Rick ordered as everyone piled into the RV.

Aaron, Carl, Eugene, Sasha, Rick, and Abraham would be joining them.

"Enid?" Isabella asked Aaron who went straight to the back.

"She's staying to wait for Glenn."

The RV soon pulled out the gates and after speaking to Maggie, Aaron softly smiled at her as he walked out, to Isabella taking her side next to the woman once more.

"Hold on Maggie, you'll be okay," Isabella ressuared her.

"I will be, but what if..."

"Don't, don't even think of that," Isabella cut her off. "Your baby will be fine, and I know that because it has both yours and Glenn's blood in him or her. They will not go out without a fight because their parents are the nastiest sons of bitches I know."

Rick then walked into the room, and Isabella smiled at him.

She left the room to give the two some privacy, but was not able to sit down in worry.