Newtmas (161)

I legit love this gif so much

I legit love this gif so much. Like their first instinct isn't to protect themselves, it's to reach for each other. Newt's and Minho's arms are around Thomas, and Thomas basically grabbed Newt's hand. Like watch it, he was definitely reaching for Newt's hand. Idk i just love the gif cuz it shows them all protecting each other and everything. I love my babies.

Also, I couldn't find a video or script of this scene anywhere so it's probably not even close to the real scene

"Hey, how did you kids get down?" A man asked, pulling a shotgun off of his hip and aiming it at the gladers. He looked over at the ropes they had previously been hanging from.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas put his hands up in front of Minho and Newt, palms facing the man.
"Don't shoot!"

"And why not?" The man asked as he looked down the barrel of the gun.
"Don't see a good enough reason to let you live."

"Because....." Thomas trailed off, unable to think of anything. The man shook his head, cocking the gun.

"Because WICKED wants us back. You shoot us, they'll kill you." Thomas tried again.

"They don't know you're here. Nice try, pal." The man scoffed. His finger slid over the trigger and he once again aimed at the group.

There was a deafeningly loud boom that echoed around the room, and all the gladers jumped. Thomas reached out for Newt, trying to find his hand as his other hand went to grab his chest.

Thomas's heart pounded in his chest and he could hear the blood rushing in his ears. He held Newt's wrist and watched the man in front of them. It wasn't until the man fell to the ground that they realized he was the one that got killed.

"Come on. Let's go." Jorge called nearby, putting his gun back in its holster.
"We don't have all day."

The gladers all took a few breaths to steady themselves from the experience they just had. It was then that Thomas realized he was still holding Newt's wrist. Neither of them said anything as he let go, their arms falling to their sides. Thomas cleared his throat, starting to follow after Jorge.

Newt and Minho stayed so close to his sides that every once in a while they would brush up against each other, but the realization that any of them could've been lost back there still lingered in their head.

Thomas did care about Minho a lot. The thought of losing him was a painful thing to think about, but the thought of losing Newt was horrible, too. He loved them both, but it was a different kind of love for each of them.

So if his hand brushed against Newt's every now and then, he didn't mind.