Minewt (73) (sad)

Serious death cure spoiler. You've been warned

Comment if you want a part two

Comment if you want a part two. This is based on the tweet from Wes ball about Minho and Newt in TDC

You didn't think it would happen. You thought that Thomas, Minho, you, and the others would find a way to fix everything.

But you didn't. And by the time you had caught up to the others, it was too late.

Minho and you slowed to a stop, eyes frozen on Newt's body, motionless on the floor.

Nobody said anything, hearts sinking when you realized you were too late.

Minho's eyes glossed over, his shoulders slowly slumping as he sunk to his knees next to Newt. Thomas by now was gone, running off towards WICKED for answers, while the rest of you stood quietly.

Gally and Minho both looked utterly defeated, seeing their friend of three years lay motionless.

Minho's hands shook slightly, his eyes welling with tears as you made your way over towards him.

"Min, we've gotta go." You whispered gently, doubting he could hear you over the sounds of explosions nearby. He stayed where he was, shaking his head.

"Min, come on. It's not safe." You said gently, crouching next to him and reaching out towards his arm. He let out a shaky breath, shaking his head again.

"No."

You sighed, squeezing his arm a little in the most comforting way you could.

"Minho-"

"I said no!" He snapped, shaking your arm off. You flinched slightly, pulling your hand back. He took another deep breath, calming himself down before mumbling very quietly,
"Sorry.....but....I'm not leaving him here...."

His tone was firm, finality lacing his words. You knew there was no way of changing his mind. Minho wouldn't leave him, and that was final.

"Okay." You nodded, glancing over at Newt. It hurt, and you hadn't known him for nearly as long as the others.

"We'll bring him with us. Bury him somewhere nice....not here." Minho choked out, shaking his head as he repeated himself.
"Not here."

"Okay. We'll bring him with us." You nodded, wiping your own eyes and getting to your feet. Minho didn't say anything, still just looking down at the knife with a broken expression.

A few minutes later he leaned forward, carefully sliding one arm under Newts shoulders, and his other arm behind the backs of Newt's knees.

Minho stood up, making sure to prop up Newt's head as he held the broken boy in his arms.

"Let's go." He said quietly, tears spilling from his eyes as he started towards the berg.

You didn't say anything, but you knew why it hit him so hard.

They'd been together for over three years now. Probably nearing 4. It had been 6 months since they had seen each other, and over the course of one day, Minho got Newt back, and then lost him again.

And the boy who prided himself on running? The one who ran everyday of his life for three years straight, as long as he could remember? The one who woke up every morning to train so he could be faster?

He didn't make it in time. Didn't get the cure there fast enough.

He wasn't fast enough to save Newt, who he loved.

I'm sorry...