TBS (153)

"I can't take it anymore!" You screamed, slamming the front door and throwing your stuff onto the ground, jolting Thomas awake in his room

"I can't take it anymore!" You screamed, slamming the front door and throwing your stuff onto the ground, jolting Thomas awake in his room. He sat up, concerned and confused as he from being jerked awake from his nap.
"Y/N? What's going on?"

You kicked off your shoes and wiped your eyes, chest heaving as you sobbed "I got fired."

"What?" Thomas asked as he hurried out to the living room where you were. His heart wrenched upon seeing you, eyes red and cheeks covered in tears. He took a few steps towards you.
"Y/N, what happened?"

"They said I wasn't good enough. Turns out there's a whole bunch of people that make perfectly good nurses, but I'm not one of them." You cried and wiped your face.

"Hey, hey, it's alright." Thomas said softly, putting his hands on your shoulders.
"You know that's not true."

"It's true. I heard them say it myself." You sniffed, shaking your head sadly. Thomas met your gaze, and seeing the sadness on your face the knit in his eyebrows became heavier.

"Come here." Thomas sighed, stepping forward and wrapping his arms around you tightly. You buried your face in his shoulder, sobbing against his shirt.
"Don't be too hard on yourself." He whispered.

You didn't respond, just clutched onto him as he held you close. He patted your back, swaying just the slightest bit as he tried to calm you down.

"You're going to do amazing, okay? Just not there. There's plenty of other job openings around here." Thomas offered.
"Just relax. Everything will be alright." He continued, gently kissing your cheek and wiping away a few tears.

"You know I love you, and you know that you're going to do amazing things. You just have to get through this, first. We're going to find you a great job somewhere and you'll do amazing." Thomas said gently.

You sniffed, wiping your eyes.
"You really think so?"

"Of course I do." Thomas smiled sadly, kissing your forehead.