Newt (98)

"Over here, we have the homestead

"Over here, we have the homestead. That's where we keep the storage, and where some of us sleep." Alby explained, walking through the grass with you in tow as you attempted to get your thoughts together.

"You with me?" Alby asked, me asking backwards as he turned to check on you.

"Hm? Uh......yeah.......yeah, sorry." You mumbled. How could your thoughts just be gone? It didn't make sense.

"Ah, there he is." Alby said with a slight smile, reaching out to put a hand on the approaching boys' shoulder.
"Greenbean, meet Newt."

The new boy held out a hand with a smile, and you took it quietly. He tilted his head slightly, waiting for you to say something.
"Quiet one, 'eh, Alby?"

"Guess so. Wasn't so quiet before." Alby said with a chuckle, and you realized you were still shaking Newt's hand. You quickly let go, mumbling a sorry under your breath.

"As I was saying, greenbean, this is Newt. When I'm not around, he's in charge." Alby continued. You nodded, thinking to yourself.
"Well then hopefully you're not around quite a bit."

Newt laughed aloud, nudging Alby.
"Guess the greenie likes me more."

"Of course." Alby sighed. It took you a second before you covered your mouth with your hand.

"Oh....sh*t I said that out loud, didn't I." You said quietly. Both boys laughed, and your face flushed red.

"Don't worry, I like you too, greenie. See you around." Newt nudged your side and walked off, leaving you in the middle of the glade with Alby, still red faced.

"Alright. Let's continue the tour." Alby said and walked off, and you stumbled after him.