Ki hong (87)

You were sitting behind the scenes, sipping a water bottle and watching the photo shoot

You were sitting behind the scenes, sipping a water bottle and watching the photo shoot. You weren't a celebrity, and you weren't a photographer.

But you had been Ki Hong's friend since elementary school.

And being friends soon led to dating. It still didn't make sense to you, exactly, how Ki Hong was so famous and still wanted to be around you.

He caught your eye from his spot in front of the cameras, glancing at you for a second before turning back to the photographers.

He raised his hand, resting his finger on his temple, and you grinned.

Nobody else would understand it. To them, it's just him posing, in a way.

But to you, it meant he loved you. Back when you weren't even twelve years old, Ki Hong and you had made a series of codes to talk across the room without the teacher noticing.

Simple things, really, like tapping three times on a desk meant to check your phone, or clearing your throat then fixing your hair meant you had something to tell each other.

But touching your temple was how, back then, you would remind the other person that you would be friends forever, as cheesy as that sounds.

Now, it meant more. The fact that he had even thought to do it with all the cameras on him made you realize something. He really loved you. He felt the need to remind you, even while being photographed for a magazine, something very few people get to do.

You loved him too. So much. You waited until he glanced over at you again, and with a wide grin, you touched your temple too.