Thomas (85)(long)

Don't know if I like how this one turned out but oh well

"Where would they have taken Y/N? Seriously, what other tests do they need to do. It can't take that long, and everyone is out out here, why can't they just let-"

"Dude. Chill. Eat your breakfast and shut your mouth before a guard hears you." Minho interrupted Thomas, not even glancing up from his glass of water as he tried to act casual. The cafeteria was full of other 'gladers' from other groups, and of course guards at every exit.

"Eyes up, Tommy, look who just walked in." Newt mumbled quietly. Immediately, Thomas's gaze shifted towards the door, as you walked in with a boy.

"Finally." Thomas muttered, standing up from his seat and weaving through the tables to make his way over.

"Y/N." He called, waving slightly. You turned upon hearing his voice, and your heart sank slightly.

"Hey, Thomas." You waved back. He made it over to you, stopping a few feet away.

"Are you okay? You were gone for a long time." He said, scanning over you.

"I'm fine....but we need to talk." You sighed, shifting uncomfortably.

"About what?" He asked, seemingly unaware that you were being serious.

"They gave me my memories back." You blurred out. It was spur of the moment, and he seemed a bit taken back.

"What?" Thomas asked, blinking a few times while remaining silent.

"Yeah, and....I remember a lot of things. Like......Ryan." You sighed, gesturing to the boy next to you.

Thomas took a breath, slowly, giving him a look, then looking back at you. He repeated it, just glancing back and forth.

"We we're together before the maze, Tom." You mumbled.

Thomas tensed his jaw, while Ryan just gave a small, awkward, smile.
"So what does that mean, exactly?" Thomas asked in a low quiet tone.

"Nothing, babe, we were just talking. Catching up, you know?" You shrugged. Ryan nodded, holding out a hand to Thomas.

"Nice to meet you. You been taking care of Y/N I hope?" Ryan asked with his outstretched arm. Thomas looked at his hand, turned his head slightly, and frowned. Ryan put his hand down.

"Okay then." You let out a small whistle. "Thomas, I was thinking he could sit at the table with us," you kept talking, but Thomas's Head snapped towards you, and he shook his head slightly.

"That sounds great. I'd love to meet that Minho guy. He seems cool." Ryan commented.

"You know, our table is pretty full." Thomas interrupted, shrugging his shoulders once. "Sorry. We only saved a spot for Y/N. You want to come with us, babe?" He wrapped an arm around your waist and shot a warning glance at Ryan.

You knew what was going on, and sighed aloud as you glanced between the two boys who were eyeing each other by now.

"How about, Ryan sits with us, but I sit next to you. Does that work?" You asked Thomas.

He glanced down at you, paused to think, then let out a defeated sigh.
"Sure. That works."

"Great. I'll go grab another chair." Ryan said and excused himself. Thomas immediately took the chance of privacy to pull you aside.

"Okay, Uh, Y/N, what exactly is going on here?" Thomas asked in a hushed whisper.

"What do you mean?" You asked innocently.

"I mean, your ex shows up out of nowhere, and you just invite him to sit with us?" Thomas hissed.

"Well he's not technically an ex. We never broke up. WICKED just sent me up in the box, so I kinda forgot about him."

"Oh, great, I feel so much better." Thomas said with a roll of his eyes and a frustrated groan.

"Thomas, don't worry. Please. I'm with you, and I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon. I just want to catch up." You said, putting your arms around his shoulders so your faces were just slightly apart.

"Promise?" He asked quietly, his bottom lip sticking out slightly as he pouted.

"Promise." You nodded. You kissed his cheek for added measure, which seemed to convince him. He sat down with you at the table, and seemed to actually get along with Ryan the rest of the day.