*XIII*

Chapter Thirteen

I go over to Deb's dorm later that day and tell her everything that happened between me and Ezra in his room. I leave the family photo out and also the fact that I said I was going to wet stuff. That was not smooth at all.

"Girl if you want to find a good rebound you gotta up your game,'' Deb said in between laughs.

I shake my head and frown, "I'm not looking for a rebound, Deb. I'm just going to live a boyfriend-free life for a while.''

Deb scoffs, shaking her head. "Girl, you need to stop with the whole hiatus thing, it's stupid.''

"Not as stupid as going to a nightclub to find me a rebound,'' I said.

Deb frowned and looked down at her lap and I sighed. Okay, I'll admit I'm a little mad at Deb. If she hadn't forced me to go to the nightclub, then I wouldn't be suffering from PTSD right now. I wouldn't have met Caleb and my life would have been stress-free and parent-free as usual.

"You know I didn't mean for you to get hurt, right?'' she said in a small voice.

I nod and I grabbed her and hug her, "I know it isn't your fault, I'm sorry for saying that.''

She sighed and looked up at me, her eyebrows knitted with concern. "Are you okay, Morgan?''

I sigh, "the whole reason why I slept with Ezra-not in that way Deb, Jesus-well, it was because I was scared. I felt like if I was in a dark room then Caleb could bust in and continue where he left off.''

I threw away the dress this morning, unable to look at it. I know it's a waste, it was a great dress, but I kept getting flashbacks when I looked at it.

Deb nods and grips my arm, "I really hope you're okay and I'm really sorry. You know I'm here for you if you need to . . . talk.''

I nodded, I no longer wanted to talk about what happened last night. I wanted to move on.

I smiled, "so tell me about this Amir guy, where did you meet him?''

Deb squealed, the only way to steer the conversation was to bring up a boy.

"We were at the frat party and he asked if I wanted to dance so I said sure . . .''

I kind of zoned out from there. I know, I'm being a terrible friend but I couldn't help it. When she talked about the frat party I remembered how Ezra had saved me from that Enzo guy and how he had also come to my rescue with Caleb.

I blushed and I force myself to listen to what Deb has to say.

This chapter is super short but I wash in a rush. Sorry. I hope you still enjoyed though.

Mae.