78

"Take my mind
And take my pain
Like an empty bottle takes the rain
And heal, heal, heal, heal"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"I love him mom" I cried feeling my legs give way as my mom held my body tightly before sitting me down, my body in her lap as I hugged her tightly.

"I love him" I whispered into her neck as tears continued to fall.

"I know you do honey... I know" she whispered kissing the top of my head as I continued to cry in her arms.

My body shot up, sweat dripping down the side of my temple. I glanced around me seeing I was alone in my bed.

Was it just a dream?

I threw my blankets off me, my bare feet hitting the cold floor boards. I swung my door open taking a few steps forward to swing Shawn's open as well.

Empty.

Every feeling came back. Every emotion I felt when they took him away from me.

The sheets where in the same position they were in before he got ripped off me, one thrown across the floor from when my mother tried to wrap me in one.

I took a few steps forward sitting down on the empty bed.

We were supposed to wake up here. I was supposed to wake up to the feeling of his chest pressed against my back while his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. But it was just

Empty.

A sob choked it's way out before the tears began to fall freely. I dipped my face into my hands as I continued to cry, my elbows leaning on my legs.

"Oh Em" I heard my mothers voice say as I felt the bed dip down beside me.

Her arm wrapped around my shoulder pulling my body tightly against hers.

"Don't" I spat pushing her body away from mine. She was my mom but what she did was the worst thing anyone could've done to someone.

"Why?..." I asked staring at her, my tears halting momentarily. "Why!" I shouted after she didn't answer.

"It wasn't me" she said letting out a sad sigh. "It wasn't me" she repeated.

I stared at her, tears threatening to spill any and every second.

"It was your dad. He thought you two had something going but when he saw you two dancing at the ball... he just knew" she answered turning her body to face me.

"W-Why? Doesn't he want me happy?" I stuttered out, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

"Of course he does honey... but Shawn broke the contract and lied to your father" she explained trying to justify his actions.

"He obviously doesn't mom. He didn't even thank me at the ball! He just took away the man I wanted to spend the rest of my fucking life with mom!" I cried running a hand roughly through my messy hair.

"I love him mom... I-I love him" I cried as the tears began to cascade down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"I know you do... I always knew" she said making me look up at her in confusion.

"I saw the way he looked at you. The way you looked at each other. You looked at each other the way your father and I do..." she explained making me even more confused.

"Then why didn't you do anything mom" I said looking at her waiting for any reason for what he did was okay.

"I tried. He didn't believe me. You know how your dad has been lately" she said sighing softly.

"W-what's going to happen t-to him?" I stuttered out.

My eyes met hers as she took in a deep breath, gulping deeply. "You have to come back to Washington for a day or two... Shawn is coming to get his stuff and move away" she explained watching my every move.

"What!" I yelled standing up.

"Move where!" I asked pulling on the ends of my hair.

"I'm not sure... Emily your both lucky your father isn't sending him to jail" she explained reminding me of all those times he said he could end up behind bars.

"Y-you can't do this" I whispered placing my hands on my hips.

"I can't live without him mom... please... do something. I can't do this" I said running my hands over my face before sobbing into my own hands.

"I'm sorry Emily... There's nothing I can do... I'm so sorry" she said pulling me into her arms.

"I miss him" I cried squeezing my eyes tightly to stop the tears from leaving my eyes but it did nothing.

"I know you do" she said brushing my hair out of my face.

"When do I have t-to go to Washington?" I asked wiping my face, sitting up.

"T-today" She stuttered making a sob leave my mouth before I broke.

I couldn't even say goodbye. I couldn't give him one last kiss or one last hug. I couldn't tell him how sorry I was for getting him involved in my mess. I couldn't tell him how much I loved him for the last time. There was nothing I could do but live off the memories we had. I couldn't feel anything, not sadness or anger. I just felt

Empty.

-

A/N: bro it actually is so sad writing these chapters. I keep trying to put myself in Emily's position and I just get so depressed man. Sorry it's a short chapter as well, I'll try double update for y'all