65

"I thought love wasn't meant to last,
I thought you were just passing through
If I ever get the nerve to ask
What did I get right to deserve somebody like you?
I wasn't expecting that"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

I woke up that morning to an empty room. It was bitter sweet. I was thankful that Shawn had left before my mom had barged into my room and caught us. But I was also upset that I didn't get to wake up to him.

"Honey!" I heard my mom yell as she pushed my door open. I was now thanking the lords that Shawn had left earlier.

"Mm?" I hummed out to tired to speak as I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"We need to go get our hair and nails done" she said with a wide smile.

"Mom my hair is fine like this" I answered just wanting to lay back down or go see Shawn.

"But it could be better. Come on... some motherly daughter bonding time. Meet me downstairs in 10 minutes" she said before walking straight out of my room before I could even reply.

I sighed before heading to the bathroom to quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I'd done that I slipped on some black leggings and an baggy Tommy Hilfiger black shirt.

I grabbed my phone and wallet before heading down the stairs where I saw my mom and Shawn waiting.

"Shawn?" I asked curiously. Was he coming? So much for 'motherly daughter bonding time'.

"He's going to join us in the car. He needs a suit" she said with a smile. "Oh... okay" I said with a shrug.

"Are we ready ladies and... gentleman" Ron's voice popped out of no where. I chuckled at what he said before I followed my mom as we headed towards the car.

"How's it going Ron?" I asked from the back of the car.

"Good Emily, how are you?" He asked back. "Pretty good" I said glancing at Shawn who caught me looking as he looked down at his lap with a small grin.

"Still going on dates?" He said making my breath hitch in my throat. I completely forgot that Ron knew I had gone on a date to Starbucks.

"Dates?" My mom peeled into the conversation.

"Yeah she went on a date to Starbucks a few days before she left" he said. I gulped not prepared with the war of questions about to come my way from my mom.

I felt Shawn tense up beside me as he realised he was the date I was tending to.

"What's his name? Was he cute?" She said excitedly.

"Mom!" I groaned throwing my head back as Shawn chuckled.

"Okay okay... later though missy" she said winking at me through the review mirror.

I laughed under my breath before glancing out at the nearby neighbourhood we were passing through.

-

"There you go sweetie!" Melissa, my mom's makeup artist said as she finished touching up my lipstick.

I opened my eyes and gasped at my reflection in the mirror. I look beautiful.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Melissa" I squealed as I clapped my hands together.

I pulled her in for a tight hug before she left the room and played with my curled hair in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous" I heard a voice from behind me. I glanced to look at the door through the reflection of the mirror, seeing Shawn standing there.

I smiled before spinning around, "I'm not even wearing my dress yet" I said gesturing to the white bag that was hanging off a hook on the wall.

"Doesn't matter if your wearing a dress, makeup or your hair is done. You're beautiful no matter what" he said resting his hands on my waist.

"Aw Shawn, Thank you" I said pressing a quick kiss to his lips before heading over to the dress bag.

"I'll see you downstairs in a bit, I'd better get my suit on" he said kissing my forehead before exiting the room.

I smiled before unzipping the dress bag to reveal the familiar satin purple material. I slid my robe off my shoulder before unzipping the dress and sliding it up my body. I zipped it back up before glancing at myself in the mirror.

I gasped. I'd never put this much into my appearance before and it was making me feeling extremely good about myself.

"Oh honey you look stunning" I heard my mom say from behind me.

I spun around to see her wear a long sleeved red dress.

"Thank you mom. You look gorgeous as well" I said hugging her tightly.

"Okay, the boys are downstairs waiting so let's go" she said before exiting the room. I bent down to put my black heels on before grabbing my black clutch and following behind her.

I was extremely nervous for tonight. I was scared I was going to slip up with Shawn around so many people and cameras. But I was also scared because I hadn't been to an event with my family since the shooting in the restaurant.

I took a deep breath before heading down the stairs, my black heels clicking on the floor boards with every step I took.

I saw my dad and mom talking at the bottom of the stairs with Shawn before they all looked in my direction at the sound of my heels.

"Hi" I whispered as I finally made it down the stairs.

I stared at Shawn. He looked amazing. He wore a blue suit with a patterned navy shirt underneath. He looked amazing in just a black shirt and jeans so I can't even describe to how good he looked right now.

"Okay, your car will be following right behind ours" my mom said as she grabbed her purse off the counter.

"Wait we aren't going in the same car?" I asked curiously.

"No hun. We have to make an entrance separately, there will be photographers at the entrance where you'll need to take a few photos" my dad interrupted.

I nodded still getting used to this whole thing. I also wasn't going to ask anymore questions because I still was annoyed with my dad from last night.

We followed them outside as they got into the first limo at the front as Shawn and I got in the second one just behind them.

The driver who sadly wasn't Ron shut the door behind Shawn leaving us alone.

"You look absolutely beautiful. I-I can't keep my eyes off you" he said before reaching to lace our hands.

"Thank you, y-you look amazing too" I stuttered out, nerves taking over me.

He leaned down to me before pressing his lips against my softly. I kissed back immediately his tongue slipping against mine as we began to passionately kiss.

We pulled away as soon as the car's engine started and we were on our way to the presidency ball.

-

A/N: WTF PERSONAL BODY GUARD IS #1 IN SHAWN SO thank you guys so much for all the votes and reads I really appreciate it. ESPECIALLY THE COMMENTS. I read every single one !