70

"I'm happy, nothing's going to stop me
I'm making my way home, I'm making my way
For you love I will go far
I wanna be wherever you are
I know I'm coming back for you"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

There we sat, boarding the private plane to go back to 'Los Angeles'. Well as Shawn thought, we were actually going to Toronto and I was extremely nervous.

I don't know how he was going to react. He could hate me and never want to speak to me again. Or he could be so happy and appreciative. Was I willing to risk everything we had for this?

The answer was yes.

I know if I was Karen I would want this more than anything and deep down I know Shawn does too.

"I have a surprise for you when we land" I blurted out, biting down on my lip nervously.

"You do?" He asked curiously, one eyebrow raised as he looked at me.

"Yeah" I simply answered with a shrug.

"So that means it's your turn to wear this" I said pulling out the black eye mask behind my back with a wide grin on my face.

"I am not wearing that" he said looking at me as if I was crazy.

"Umm yes you are. I had to wear it twice! You have to!" I pleaded popping my lip out and pouting.

"Fine" He said crossing his arms over his chest making me giggle.

-

"Shawn wake up" I whispered softly shaking him awake. His eyes opened and his mouth did as well releasing a yawn.

"That was quick" he replied stretching his arms out.

"It's time!" I cheered really just wanting to see him wearing the eye mask.

He groaned throwing his head back against the seat before yanking the mask out of my hand and standing up.

"Hey! Now!" I said standing in front of him. A grin instantly surfaced on his face. "What?" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing your just cute" he said shaking his head before putting the eye mask on. He put his backpack on as I carried mine on my right shoulder.

I grasped his hand tightly as I lead him down the steps, the cold air hitting us straight in the face.

We walked across the long path leading us into the airport. We got many weird and confused glances as we made our way through the much less crowded airport than Los Angeles and Washington.

I waved down a taxi, leaning into the window to tell him the address Karen gave me before hopping inside, helping Shawn sit beside me.

"How long do I have to keep this on for?" He whined.

"Not much longer" I said softly beginning to feel my heart race and palms get sweaty. I don't remember being this nervous in a long time.

I quickly pulled my phone out and texted Karen that we just landed and were on our way there.

The closer and closer we got the more anxious and nauseous I got.

"Are you okay, you haven't spoken much?" Shawn asked curiously squeezing my hand in reassurance.

"Yea... I just want you to like this surprise" I said softly squeezing his hand back.

"I'm sure I'll love it" he said as a smile rose along his lips making me smile.

I really hope you do.

"We're here ma'am" the taxi driver said. I rummaged through my wallet handing him a 20 dollar bill.

"Thank you" I muttered helping Shawn out of the car. I laced our fingers as we stood at the front of his house, wet grass beneath our shoes.

I savered this moment, hoping it wasn't the last we had together.

I heard him sniff harshly before his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait... that smell" he said before pulling the eye mask off and looking around at his surroundings. He looked confused before glancing at the house we stood in front of.

The yellow brick stood out compared to the other houses with a brown roof standing evidently on top. There was a beautiful garden that I'm sure Karen had got into great shape the last day or two.

I glanced up at him to see him staring down the street with his hands held on top of his head.

"Shawn?" I whispered making him look at me.

"I can't believe you" he spat out, his voice lingered with venom.

"I told you I needed time! Do you ever fucking listen?" He shouted making me flinch slightly at his raised voice. I wasn't used to him shouting at me again.

"B-But I talked to Brian and your mom-" , "you spoke to my mom!" He yelled, his eyes turning a darker shade of colour.

"Yes... Shawn she misses you" I whispered not breaking eye contact. "You have no fucking right! No fucking right to invade in my personal business! Why are you so fucking selfish?" He yelled at me making my eyes gloss over in tears.

This was a bad idea.

"Shawn" I heard an older woman's voice come from the house.

Our heads both shot towards the front door to see a middle aged woman standing in the doorway. She had light brown hair and what seemed where blue or green light eyes. They were watered over with tears.

"Mom" I heard Shawn whisper.

She walked down the few steps of her front yard and down the driveway before she was right in front of Shawn.

"My baby" she said before running into his arms as she enveloped him in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much Shawn" I heard her say between sobs in his chest. My eyes watered as I stared at there interaction.

Shawn's body relaxed before slowly wrapping his arms around her frame.

"I love you so much my boy" she said as they stayed there in one another's embrace.

"I love you too mum" he replied his voice cracking at the end before he began to sob into his mom's shoulder.

I wiped a tear that threaded down my cheek as I watched this heartwarming reunion.

-

A/N: bitch this song makes me cry sooo hard