35

"Came and went like the summer time
Was that a sunset or sunrise?
Looking back like "where'd the time go?"
So much for trying to keep this moving slow"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Have you got all your things?" Shawn asked as I zipped up my suitcase that he'd packed for me.

I nodded, quickly scanning the room to see if anything was left.

"Lets go then" he said kissing my forehead, grasping my suitcase, rolling it behind him with his.

"I'm really glad we did this" he said lacing our fingers as we waited for the elevator.

"Me too" I said smiling at him.

The elevator doors opened, making Shawn's hand part from mine to bring our suitcases inside the elevator.

Shawn pressed the ground floor button, taking a hold of my hand again, lacing our fingers together.

The elevator stopped at level 17, the doors opening, a brunette girl walking in.

I smiled politely before looking down trying to distract myself from the awkward silence when I heard a gasp.

"Shawn?" I heard a female voice say. My head shot up in confusion as I saw the brunette facing Shawn.

"C-Camila?" Shawn stuttered out. Who was this girl?

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in so long!" She said before pulling him into a hug.

"I know. It's been a fair bit" he said scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"And is this your girlfriend?" Camila said smiling at me.

I felt Shawn's hand slowly part from my hand before speaking; "uhh- no body guard actually" he said with a smile.

Ouch. That hurt.

He can't tell anyone about you. You aren't dating anyway

"You moved from Toronto?" She questioned as the elevator began to move again.

"Yeah, moved to Washington for work and now I'm here. You?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah just moved here a week ago. We should go grab some lunch or something one day?" She asked.

"Yeah that'd be cool" he said with a smile.

It kind of sucked that he was making plans with some girl right in front of me.

Calm down Emily. They're just friends?

"You still have my number" she said with a subtle wink, the elevator doors opening as she walked out.

He walked out casually leaving the two suitcases behind.

"Cool. I'll get them" I mumbled under my breath grabbing both of them and following behind him.

I walked beside him as he looked forward, and I couldn't help but analyse his face for any emotions.

He unlocked his car, making me swing the back seat open and throw both of the suitcases in the back before hopping into the passenger seat.

I buckled myself in as he started the car up.

"Soo... who was that?" I asked curiously glancing at him from the corner of my eye.

"That was Camila" he said simply beginning to pull out onto the main road to get back to the apartment.

"Who's she?" I asked looking down as I played with my fingers.