11

"I love the light in your eyes and
the dark in your heart
You love our permanent chase
and the bite of our bark"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

When I told Rhylee that Shawn was my bodyguard she laughed erratically to herself for a solid 2 minutes. Shawn and I looked at each other weirdly before looking back at her.

She stopped laughing once she realised we weren't laughing.

"Oh your serious?" She said making me giggle with a nod.

"Jeez he looks our age, what the hell. I thought he was your boyfriend" she said making me blush.

"Uhh. No. We aren't. He's not" I spat out. She giggled at my reaction before facing the front and continued to take notes. As did I.

I looked at Shawn curiously to see him staring blankly at the wall in the same position with his arms crossed and jaw clenched.

.

"Ugh it's day one and there's already so much information clouding my brain" Rhylee shouted pulling her hair.

"I know I'm going to be studying like a mad woman" I said.

Shawn lingered behind us observing everyone that walked past.

"So I thought I'd ask you now because your bodyguard man isn't near..." she started. "But do you want to come to a party with me tonight?" She whispered making me look at her.

"You already got invited to a party?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. My sister is in her second year of college and knows people" she spoke with a shrug.

"Is it alright if I invite my friend as well... she's doing a seperate course on hair dressing" I said making her nod furiously.

"Yea no worries! The more the merrier" she said whispering the end bit.

"Even invite hotty" she said gesturing to Shawn walking behind us, but at a fair distance to not hear us.

"I just realised. He's never going to let me go to a party" I said followed by a groan.

"Bring him" she said seriously with a shrug.

"I'll try... if not I'll just sneak out. I've learnt a few things from being able to sneak out of the White House" I said making her laugh.

"My friend can take us there as well" I added with a smile.

"We are definitely getting smashed then" she said making me laugh.

She had to go to her next class because she was doing a double degree, so we quickly traded numbers and went our seperate ways.

-

I clipped in my seat belt as Shawn started my car up.

"Soo I was thinking..." I started trying to figure out a convincing way to get him to come to this party.

"Rhylee invited me to this. Party? Tonight. And I wanted to know if I could go. You guarding? Me. I guess" I spat out majority of it coming out as a question then a sentence.

He stayed silent for a few seconds and I thought he wasn't going to reply.

"It won't be long-" "No" he interrupted.

"What?"

"No. You have class tomorrow and I don't want to take care of a hung over child" he spat speeding up to get home quicker.

"Class begins at one in the afternoon and I know how to handle my alcohol" I said trying to stay calm and not unleash on the idiot.

"And your only a few years older than me. I'm not a child" I mumbled.

"Your not going" he said with a sarcastic chuckle.

Ignoring him, I whipped my phone out and sent Rhylee a text;

me: hey, body guard is saying no so I'll have to sneak out. What's your address and I'll organise the lift?

rhylee: okay cool! just text me when you've got it sorted

I left that chat and went to Carly and I's.

me: hey, first college party tonight. You should come!!

carly: yes I'm so down!! I'll pick you up at 10?

me: yesss! could we pick a new friend up along the way

carly: yeah of course always done for a new squad member

I smiled putting my phone in my bag to see we had just arrived home.

-

"You ate quick" Shawn said surprisingly as he saw my mouth full of food as I washed my plate fast.

It was 9:30, Carly was meeting me at the front at 10 and I hadn't even started getting ready.

"I'm just pretty tired, I need to get some sleep..." I lied straight through my teeth as I began walking back to my room, Shawn looking back at me with a raised eyebrow.

I successfully made it back to my room without an interrogation and began to get ready. I threw on a white body con dress with spaghetti straps matching them with my comfortable old school vans.

I was definitely not setting myself up for a week full of blisters by wearing heels. Not to mention that I would not last an hour in them at a party.

I applied minimal makeup as I tried to speed up my process, it being interrupted by a knock at my door.

I gasped quickly jumping under the covers and pulling it up to my neck covering my party outfit.

I tilted my head to the side and closed my eyes attempting to seem asleep.

the door opened slightly, Shawn walking in and looking at me before walking back out.

I heard the lights throughout the house being turned off and I knew I was ready to sneak out.

Usually I'd wait maybe 10 minutes after my parents fell asleep to leave but I didn't know Shawn's sleeping patterns and also was going to be late if I didn't leave now.

I slid out of the covers shoving a few pillows under the covers to mimick a body shape.

I tiptoed out of my room slowly shutting my bedroom to behind me. I slowly walked down the hallway and to the front door.

I'd never snuck out through the front door before. I'd always climb out my window and down the rope of an old tree house beside it. But now I was 12 stories above ground and there was no old tree house in sight.

I quickly opened the door, successfully opening it without its usual creaking sound.

I mistakenly began to slowly shut it behind me, instantly stopping as it made a small creak. I paused wondering if Shawn had heard, waiting a few minutes to see if anything happened before quickly shutting the door again.

Once I had gotten down stairs I sprinted outside and into Carly's car waiting out the front and into the passenger seat.

"Oh my god that was so scary! I thought I was going to wake him!" I yelled as she quickly sped down the road and into the directions of where I said Rhylee lived.

"Dayum I wish he accepted the invite" she said with a overdramatic pout making me laugh.

-

A/N- okay so I'm making another story at the same time as just starting this one off because I felt like it. It's a Harry Styles one not a Shawn one but I definitely will be writing more in the future