17

"I dreamt about you near me every night this week
How many secrets can you keep'
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

I sat down on the seat beside Rhylee where we usually sat, placing my bag on my desk. The seat beside me dragging loudly along the floor making a loud sound that resembled the same as fingernails being dragged on a chalk board.

"Mind if I sit here?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up seeing James standing there with a cocky smirk on his face. "No Shawn's sitting there" I said looking back to see Shawn discussing something with Mr Thompson.

My eyes ran over his body, scanning his gorgeous face and locks before trailing over his impeccable body and fashion sense. He somehow made a basic black shirt and black jeans look extremely good. Today he wore a black denim jacket over the top.

"I'm sure he won't mind if I talk for a bit until he comes back... he looks pretty deep in conversation" he said making me glance towards Shawn's serious looking conversation. Making a mental note in my head to ask what it was about later.

"So are you single?" He asked raising his eyebrows with a smirk lining his mouth.

"No I told you yeste-" I began to protest before he interrupted me. "Oh shawn? Your boyfriend?" He asked making Shawn look over at the sound of his name and frowned at the sight of James sitting in his seat.

He excused himself from the conversation and headed our way. I desperately wanted him to kick this guy out of his seat.

"Yes" I lied, answering his question about Shawn.

"I thought I'd bring this in" he said pulling what looked like a magazine sliding it towards me. I picked it up my eyebrows furrowing in confusion and curiosity.

My eyes widened at the front page.

On the front page was a few photos of Shawn and I at the shopping centre the other day. One of him running with the cart as I laughed and another of him helping me out of the cart as we smiled at each other.

The headline of the magazine saying;

'Presidents daughter in taboo relationship with her bodyguard'

"Bodyguard huh?" James said making me looking up at him as he continued to smirk. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his face.

"Why are you in my seat?" Shawn's husky voice spoke from behind James.

I quickly shoved the magazine article under my laptop refusing him seeing it. There was no way I was risking Shawn seeing it and possibly ending everything we had.

"He was just leaving" I said glaring at James. He chuckled before getting up and moving back to his seat in the row in front of us.

"What did he want?" Shawn said sitting himself down on the same chair crossing his arms.

"Just asking... the h-homework question" I stuttered out. Shawn raised an eyebrow obviously not believing my answer.

"Right" He said sarcastically.

I sighed opening my laptop as Mr Thompson began to give us a chapter to begin reading.

-

"Okay now I will get you all to answer the questions at the bottom of Chapter 14" he said the bell ringing loudly straight after he finished speaking.