61

"Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Em wake up" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I groaned my hand instantly shielding my eyes from the bright light.

"Fuck sorry" Shawn said turning off the bright light that was shining in my eyes.

"What's happening?" I breathed out not trusting my voice from just waking up. "We've almost landed" he said. I shook my head in an attempt to wake myself up when I realised I was in Shawn's lap.

Did I sleep here?

"Yeah you did" he answered. I blushed realising I'd said that out loud.

"Well that was the best sleep ever" I whispered before leaning in to press my lips against his when suddenly there was a knock against the captains door. Shawn quickly lifted me and placed me on the the couch in front of us before seating back down.

"Come in" he shouted as he scribbled down something into a nearby notebook. Where did that come from?

"We are just 5 minutes from landing, captains orders to buckle up" the co-pilot said with a smile before shutting the door behind him.

"Fuck I'm sorry. I always fucking forget" he said running a hand through his hair frustratedly. I frowned at him getting annoyed.

I walked back and sat on the seat beside him. "Don't be sorry. I tried to kiss you. I forgot as well" I admitted leaning my elbow on the arm rest that was dividing us.

"I hate having to be on edge around you" he says leaning his head back against the leather recliner pillow, squeezing his eyes tightly.

"Hey it's okay it'll get easier when we're back in LA but we're surrounded by my dads guards so we will just have to keep it on the down low" I admitted sadly.

"I know" he said with a loud sigh.

"I love you" he said turning his head to look at me.

"And I love you" I replied with a smile. He never fails to make me smile and all giddy with his words and that bloody smile of his.

-

"Mom!" I cheered once we'd entered the private lounge gate where my mom was standing surrounding by three bulk body guards.

I dropped my suitcase and ran towards her as she engulfed me in her arms.

"I missed y-you so much" I said my voice cracking as I began to sob into her shoulder. My mom and I had always been so close and it was so hard being on the other side of the country from her.

With everything going on from James to Camila, I really needed my mom then. Even though I couldn't tell her every detail it would've been good to just have a mom hug.

"Hey hey..." she said rubbing my back in circles.

"What's going on?" She said holding my shoulders to get a good look at my surely red and tear stained face now.

I stayed silent almost ready to burst and confess everything that had been happening the last few months.

Shawn my bodyguard is my boyfriend.

A guy from school drugged me at a high dosage and tried to sexually assault me.

Oh my boyfriend also has an ex girlfriend who won't leave him alone.

But I kept my mouth shut.

"I just really missed you" I said hugging her again leaning my chin on her shoulder glancing at Shawn who looked at us with a sad smile on his face.

"C'mon lets get home" my mom said grabbing my hand as all four bodyguards followed us, weirdly one being the love of my life.

-

"This is the number one reason why I miss this place" I exclaimed as I took a bite out of one of the many cookies Barney had made for me.

"Hey!" I heard my mom exclaim from the other room.

"And you!" I yelled back making Barney chuckle.

"Missed you kiddo" Barney said ruffling my hair. I laughed before sorting my messy hair out.

I felt the stool beside me drag out as I saw Shawn take a seat from the corner of my eye.

"So what's the plan for the rest of the day?" Shawn asked as Barney pushed a plate of cookies over to him.

"I'm not sure maybe just rel-" I started but got cut off by my mother entering the kitchen.

"Actually" she interrupted. Shawn chuckled before taking a bite of his cookie.

"I've been trying to get into sewing recently and before I move my sewing materials and machine up stairs to the spare room, I was wondering if you and Shawn could maybe paint the walls?" She asked reaching over to my plate to grab a cookie, taking a bite.

"Mom you always say you want to sew and do it for a week then stop" I said throwing my head back with a groan.

"Please" my mom pleaded. I sighed about to speak before Shawn did for me, "we'd be happy to do that for you Mrs Rose".

"Thank you shawn... my sewing had improved" she said pulling out a pillow that was cut up and wonky. There was different coloured threads hanging off it and stuffing was hanging out of it.

"Uhh... yea mom really good" I said making Shawn choke on his cookie and chug down his water.

"I'm kidding. This is your father's attempt. I was trying to teach him all last night" she said rolling her eyes playfully.

I looked down and bit my lip. I knew it was something so normal for my dad to do. But he never made time for me on my senior year. I would ask for help on homework or try show him my projects but he wouldn't have a bar of it.

I felt selfish feeling this way but. I guess it just made me feel a bit shitty that my dad would stay up all night to learn how to sew from my mom yet not spend 5 minutes with me.

-

A/N: Bit of insight into Emily's relationship with her parents in this chapter