72

"In the night the stormy night
she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly
And dream of para-para-paradise"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

"I'm home!" I heard the familiar voice echo throughout the house. Emily's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she stared at me.

"Aaliyah".

Her eyes widened as a smile grew upon her lips.

"What are you waiting for, let's go" she said pushing me softly towards the door.

"I'm nervous, what if she hates me" I admitted, biting down on my lip harshly in nervousness.

"It'll be okay, I'm going to be right there. So will your mom and dad" she said caressing my cheek as I leant into her head.

"You always know what to say" I breathed out. She smiled, her cheeks heating up instantly. I laced our fingers before I began to head towards the step.

I took a deep breath before taking my first step, slowly walking down the stairs.

"Mom what is it- Shawn?" I heard her soft voice say as she looked up at me. Those brown eyes were somewhat dull, her brunette hair had grown significantly.

"Aaliyah" I whispered, finally reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh my god" she whispered dropping her bag and hockey stick before running into my arms. She jumped into my arms, her small legs crashing into my mine as her chest hit mine full-throttle.

Her arms wrapped around my waist as did mine. I felt my chest dampen as the sound of her intense sobs soon could be heard.

I placed a kiss on her head before pressing my face into her shoulder, tears beginning to slide down my face.

"I- I-I missed you s-so much Shawn" I heard her stutter through her sobs, her voice vibrating against my chest.

"I missed you too. So fucking much" I said making her pull away.

"That's a dollar in the swear jar" she said smiling through her tears.

"You still do that?" I laughed out looking at my crying mom who nodded.

I held her shoulders so I could get a good look at her.

"Your so big now" I whisper before pulling her back into my arms. Aaliyah and I were always super close. I loved her to the moon and back.

"So are you. You're a giant" she mumbled into my chest making me laugh.

"Who's that?" I heard Aaliyah ask as she pointed towards my mom. I glanced up seeing Emily had moved beside my parents.

I smiled at her. Her eyes were glossy as well.

"That's Emily. She kind of arranged this whole thing" I admitted looking up at Emily.

"I already love her" I heard Aaliyah say before hugging me one last time.

"Come meet her" I replied pulling her towards where everyone was.

"Emily this is Aaliyah, my sister, Aaliyah this is Emily, my... girlfriend" I said making eye contact with Emily at the end. Her eyes shot to mine in surprise before she smiled widely.

"Hi Aaliyah, Shawn's told me about you" she said.

"Are you the reason my brother is standing in front of me right now?" Aaliyah blurted out making me look at her in confusion.

"Uhh... Yeah. I suppose so" Emily answered looking at me before shrugging.

All of a sudden, Aaliyah was in Emily's arms hugging her tightly as she continuously thanked her.

"It was no worries. I could tell he missed you guys a lot" she admitted making Aaliyah laugh and my cheeks instantly heat up.

"So what's for dinner?" I asked curiously.

"Wow. You're home for one day and your already thinking about food" Emily said swatting my shoulder playfully.

I laughed, wrapping my arm over her shoulder, pulling her to my side. I glanced up to see my Mom and Dad smiling at us.

"What is for dinner though?" I heard Aaliyah ask making us all laugh.

It was good to be back.

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"So how's school?" I asked curiously at the teenage girl spinning aimlessly on her bedroom chair. I decided to give Shawn and his mom some alone time as they organised dinner.

"It's pretty boring, I just want to graduate already" she replied throwing her head back with a groan.

"Any boyfriends? - ... or girlfriends!" I ask raising my eyebrows up and down making her giggle.

"No. No boyfriends... but. There is the guy I really like" she said beginning to play with her fingers as a blush rose on her cheeks.

"Oooh Who is it?" I asked curiously leaning my chin on my hand.

"His names Branden... he's super cute and sweet" she said her face beginning to turn red.

"Branden huh?" I heard a voice interrupt before I could say a word. We looked up to see Shawn leaning against the doorway. I smiled up at him, looking as handsome as ever.

"Oh my god! Shawn it's girl talk!" Aaliyah exclaimed covering her face with her hands.

"Okay. Okay... girl talk..." he said holding his hands up in defence, looking at me with a cheeky smirk.

"Mom wanted me to tell you guys that dinner is ready" he said.

"Finally" I heard Aaliyah exhale before pushing past Shawn and running down the stairs.

Shawn entered the room standing in front of me. He grabbed my hands helping me up. I stood up in front of him, our proximity being extremely close, our chests right against one another's.

"Beautiful" he whispered before tucking a piece of hair behind my ear as I blushed bright red.

His hand lingered on my cheek before he began to lean forward, our lips brushing against one another's. Just as I was about to close the distance I heard Aaliyah yell our names.

I laughed before pulling Shawn along and down the stairs. I smiled seeing his family sitting around a wooden table with a bunch of food sitting in the middle.

Shawn pulled out my chair making me blush and smile before thanking him. I sat beside him and across from Manny and Karen, whilst Aaliyah sat at the end of the table.

"Dig in" Karen said before bowls of foods and shakers of salt and pepper were passed around the table. I smiled at the sight not being used to such an amazing loving environment.

I felt a hand on my jean covered thigh making me look up to Shawn.

"Thank you so much" he mouthed before giving my thigh a comforting squeeze.

I smiled before turning back to the table and digging into the amazing food Karen and Shawn had prepared.

-

A/N: Okay but I seriously loved this chapter so much. I also fucking love this song so much!! Thought I'd double update for the lovely @Tahiramalik1869 's birthday. So happy birthday darl!!