42

"You've been seeing
me in your dreams
But I'll be there when
your reality drowns"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

It was almost midnight and Emily still wasn't home. Here I was waiting for her to get home, knowing pretty well she's probably just staying over Carly's to avoid me.

This is probably how she felt when I didn't come home after leaving with Camila. I can't even imagine the worried thoughts that were running through her pretty little mind.

I frowned as I saw my phone light up from beside me, lighting up the whole room.

I squeezed my eyes tightly before rolling over taking a glance at my phone seeing it was a text from an unknown number.

I pulled the charger from my phone bringing it closer to my face so I could read the text

Unknown ID: Shawn it's Carly, Emily's friend. Are you awake? It's urgent

My eyes widened.

I swiped to her contact about to press the call button when I get an unknown call coming in. Knowing it was Carly I answered straight away.

"Shawn?" I heard her yell across the phone. There was loud music faintly playing in the background.

"It's Carly. Emily's at a party and she's blacked out. I-I-I don't know what's happened. Please come quick!" She cried fear evident in her voice.

"I'm coming. What's the address?" I asked quickly slipping on my jeans and throwing a random shirt on. I held the phone to my ear as I slipped my shoes on.

"It's 17 Anderson's drive. Please come quick Shawn" she said before I hung up and ran out the door pressing the elevator button repeatedly until the doors opened.

I pressed the ground floor and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for the elevator doors to open at ground floor. Running my hand through my hair as multiple thoughts ran through my mind.

Did she drink because of me?

What if she has alcohol poisoning?

I'm supposed to be her bodyguard and I let her out to a party!

I swung my car door open, quickly starting the car up and switching my lights on. Pressing harshly on the ignition and speeding down the streets towards the address.

It felt like the longest drive of my life but I was there in about 10 minutes luckily because of the lack of traffic at midnight.

I parked in front of the house seeing a large house flooded with teenagers drunk and making out on the lawn.

I checked my phone to see if I had any texts to see if there was any from Carly.

Carly: I can't leave her. We're at the top of the stairs first room on the left. Please hurry.

I locked my car before jogging to the front door. Pushing through the crowd of people finally catching a glimpse of the stairs.

I pushed further into the crowd finally making my way up the stairs almost tripping over my own feet as I slipped stairs to make it up there quickly.

I turned left swinging the first door on the left open. My eyes instantly fell to the floor to see a sobbing Carly holding a blacked out Emily.

"S-Shawn. She isn't waking up" she cried holding her in her lap. I shut the door behind me before bending down and pulling her into my lap, her head lazily falling to my shoulder. I leaned down to her mouth to hear she was thankfully still breathing.