10.

*1 month later*

Camila woke up in the morning with an all too familiar feeling. Like a giant pit in her stomach, a numbness. I knew it was too good to be true. The brown eyed girl knew her happiness was bound to be interrupted again, that's how it always worked out. She sighed quietly to herself and slowly got up from the couch, being careful not to wake Lauren, who was still asleep. Right as Camila was walking away, Lauren grabbed her hand and sat up on the couch, "You feeling better today?" The brown eyed girl forced a small smile and lied, "Yeah, much better. Thanks." She managed to slip away to the kitchen to grab a water from the fridge. Her eyes caught on some leftovers that she was really craving, but Camila couldn't make herself eat, let alone touch food. She got lost in her own little world while staring inside the fridge when she felt a hand rubbing her shoulder gently.

"What's up? You've been staring into space for quite a while now." Lauren giggled to herself softly. The younger girl took in a deep breath and grabbed the leftover takeout, groaning internally at the thought of eating. She turned to Lauren, "You wanna share this with me?", she asked quietly. Lauren just nodded and grabbed a plate from the cabinet behind her. The brown eyed girl said a quiet, "Mkay.", and stuck the leftovers onto the plates after it was warmed up. The two girls both walked into the living room and sat on the couch, eating in silence. Camila seemed to be scarfing her food down awfully fast.

Knowing something was up, Lauren scooted close to the younger girl and put their plates on the table as she grabbed the girl's now trembling hands. "Camila, what's wrong?" Lauren looked her in the eyes and waited patiently for an answer, but all the girl did was shake her head in return. Not wanting to make Camila mad or irritated by asking questions, she pulled her in for a hug and held her tight. When Lauren pulled away, she noticed that the other girl was crying now, not making a sound, just crying to herself. Lauren sighed and squeezed the girl's hands, "Why don't you go lay back in bed for a little bit?" Camila just nodded and shuffled silently to her room and laid in her bed on her back, not trying to fall asleep, just laying there staring at the ceiling.

After about an hour of just staring, Camila had finally fallen asleep and stayed asleep for almost 4 hours. It was now a little past lunchtime. Lauren had been watching the news when she decided not to let the other girl sleep the entire day. She walked quietly to the girl's room and saw the tear stains on her cheeks. She tapped the sleeping girl in the shoulder and whispered," Camz, scoot over." Camila sat up in her bed and scooted to one side, making room for Lauren, who was now sitting next to her in bed. Lauren grabbed the younger girl's hand and squeezed it, letting her know she wanted her attention. The two girl's eyes locked and Lauren cleared her throat, "Are you okay? You haven't spoken all day, you're really starting to worry me." Camila shook her head and whispered a weak, "No." The green eyed girl rubbed her thumb over the top of other girl's hand, a comforting thing she learned the girl had liked. Lauren pulled Camila closer so that she was now laying with her head in the older girl's lap, facing her. "Why don't you tell me what's going on, hmm?" Lauren started playing with her hair but was stopped when the younger girl leaned up and pecked her on the cheek. The older girl felt her cheeks blush and tried to keep her smile to herself, "What was that for?" A small smile crept onto Camila's face, "Just for being here with me and not getting mad." The green eyed girl sighed and pulled Camila even closer, so that the girl was now sitting in her lap, laying against her chest, "Please just tell me what's up, Camz. I'm not mad." The younger girl replied, almost inaudibly, "I'm having bad thoughts, like really bad." Lauren tucked the girl's hair behind her ear and looked her in the eyes, "I would never be mad at you for being depressed, Camz, that's silly. I'm here for you, always. Through the good and the bad, you're stuck with me, okay?" She looked confused, "Why would you want to be stuck with me?" Lauren held the other girl's face with her hands, "Camila, you know how I feel about you...about us." Another smile slowly made its way to the brown eyed girl's face, "So there's an us?" Both girls let out cute giggles and Lauren spoke up, biting her lip, "Well I think it's about time, don't you?" Camila hummed in response, pulling her in for a hug.

Lauren kept the two of them close, rubbing the younger girl's back until they were both silent. She pulled out of the hug, but stopped halfway when she realized Camila had fallen asleep. The green eyed girl held onto her tight and sat up in the bed. She pushed the girl's hair out of her face and gave her a tiny peck on the tip of her nose, hearing a quiet giggle come from Camila, who was now awake, "Again." Lauren laughed with a huge smile in her face as she leaned in to give her another cute little nose kiss, except this time, Camila grabbed her face and guided their lips together in a gentle kiss. The younger girl felt Lauren smile into the kiss, that was the best feeling ever. Feeling her cheeks getting hot, Lauren pulled away looking Camila in the eyes, "Woah." Both girls smiled and leaned back in for another kiss. This time Camila pulled away first. "I could get used to that.", she said out of breath. The older girl nodded in response, "Me too. Umm s-sorry. I'm nervous. " Both girls burst out into laughter. Camila got out of bed and stretched, her shirt raising up slightly, she thought nothing about it until she saw Lauren looking at her biting her lip, "Easy there Lo. We're supposed to be going slow, remember?" Camila walked to the closet to find a small jacket to put on and stopped in her tracks when she felt Lauren's arms wrap around her from behind. Lauren pulled her close, trying not to get turned on from feeling Camila's ass against her front. The younger girl knew what she was doing when she gave the girl what she wanted and purposely stuck her butt out more, hearing Lauren's breath hitch. She turned around in Lauren's arms and gave her another kiss. She pulled away and looked Lauren in the eyes, "Thank you. Seriously." The green eyed girl nodded, "Of course. I'm always here, no matter what." Both girls were content now, knowing how each other felt about their relationship. This is everything they had dreamed of and more. Camila was sitting on the couch smiling to herself, just thinking about how Lauren was finally hers.

When it got closer to bedtime, Camila made her way to Lauren's bedroom, "Hey Lo, I'm gonna head over to my place for the night, if that's okay? I still need to shower and stuff, so yeah." Lauren walked up to her and pulled her in for a hug, "Do you really have to go?" The younger girl laughed at Lauren's pouting, "Yes, silly. Besides, I'm right next door and I'll be back first thing in the morning, mkay?" The green eyed girl nodded and smiled softly, "Okay, but Camz...please come over or call me if you need anything at all. Promise?" The two girls interlocked their pinkies and Lauren walked Camila to her apartment next door. "I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow, girlfriend." Lauren teases at the younger girl, who winks at her in response, slowly closing her apartment door.

The older girl went back to her apartment, turned out all the lights, and went to bed with a smile on her face. Camila did the same, and for the first time in forever, she was genuinely excited to wake up the next morning and spend it with someone she deeply cared for. Maybe this is the start of something better.

AN: I'm so sorry it took so long to update this, I've had a bunch of personal shit to deal with. Anyways, I hope it's okay. If you have suggestions or corrections, let me know! Thanks for reading! Love you all!
- Callie <3