2.

After her long night of crying, Camila was exhausted, physically and mentally. She had fallen asleep on the couch in her living room, too tired to walk to her bedroom. She got hot in the middle of the night, so she slipped off her sweatshirt and slept in a black tank top and some gray shorts.

She slept until noon and didn't wake up until the sun shone through the windows right in her face. She stretched and stood up, rubbing her eyes and getting adjusted to the light. When she stretched, she looked down at her wrist and saw the aftermath of last night.

     I can't believe I broke my 2 years clean from cutting. Why did I do that? I'm so stupid! She thought to herself. She looked down at her thighs and saw the scars from years ago, which made her sad to look at.

      Shrugging her bad feelings away, she walked to the kitchen and decided to find something to eat. Camila's parents had packed her a few boxes of non perishable food items, so that she could still have food without having to unpack everything at once. She opened the box and dug through until she found some granola bars. She grabbed two and sat outside in a chair on her 4th story balcony. The view was amazing, she could see a lot of the city from her apartment.

The brown eyed girl opened one of the granola bars and bit into it. As soon as it touched her tongue, she was repulsed. Not repulsed by the taste or the texture, but repulsed by the fact that it was food. She flipped over the bar to look on the back. 120 calories?! She thought. She knew she had to eat something or she would fall back into old habits, so she chewed slowly, squeezing her eyes shut. She swallowed the first bite and cringed, she didn't deserve food after what she did to herself the night before.

      Camila started watching the cars drive through the city when her eyes landed on the balcony to her left. There she was. Lauren was standing on her balcony in an oversized gray New York City hoodie. Camila tried not to blush when she saw that the green eyed girl wasn't wearing any pants, the hoodie barely covered her butt. She didn't feel too bad about looking since the older girl seemed occupied with her cigarette and hadn't noticed Camila sitting outside.

"Why do you do that, Lauren?" Camila asked, looking down at the older girl's cigarette. Lauren narrowed her eyes and looked at her with a joking glare.

"Why do you do that?" Lauren questioned as her eyes shifted down to the cuts on Camila's wrist.

     "Touché." The brown eyed girl rolled her eyes and looked back out at the city.

"Aren't you going to eat that?" The raven haired girl asked, feeling slightly concerned for the younger girl. Camila stayed silent and shook her head, leaving the food on the small table and retreating back into her apartment.

     The green eyed girl yelled for her,"Hey! I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Come back , please!"

     The brown haired girl slid the balcony door shut and walked to her bedroom. She shut the door behind her, turned out the light, and closed the curtains. She just wanted to sleep. She didn't deserve food and she definitely didn't feel like doing anything. She decided that sleeping would be a good idea. She fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later with a knock on her door.

     Camila rolled her eyes and walked to the door, still in her tank top and shorts from the night before. She looked through the peephole on the door. Lauren.

     Already feeling bad from the last couple of hours, Camila ran her hand through her hair and pulled the door open. "I'm sor-" Both girls were cut off by each other saying sorry. The brown eyed girl blushed and invited Lauren in. The two girls walked inside and went back out onto Camila's balcony, where they sat in two small chairs beside one another. There was a few minutes of pure silence. Just the two girls, looking out at the city, not saying a word.

     "I really want to know why though." The older girl's sentence cut through the silence, catching the younger one by surprise.

     "Why what?" Camila turned towards her and fiddled with her ring nervously.

     "Why you do that." Lauren pointed down to the other girl's wrist. The brown eyed girl stared down at her wrist for a moment, seeming to be lost in thought. The raven haired girl was about to speak again when she saw a tear run down the younger girl's cheek, and then more tears followed, wetting the girl's cheeks and falling onto her thighs.

     "Okay, I don't care if you hate hugs, you just seem like you could really use a friend." The older girl spoke as she pulled the younger one into a hug, whose tears began to wet her shoulder, but she didn't mind.

     They pulled away from each other and the brown eyed girl scoffed,"God, I'm sorry. I'm not a little bitch, I swear." She wiped her eyes and took a few deep breaths.

     Lauren turned back towards her,"One, I don't think you're a little bitch. Two, we won't talk about it anymore of you don't want to. I'm just curious, that's all." Camila nodded her head and they continued to watch the cars drive by.

     She actually cares. Camila thought. Nobody's ever cared. At least, not about that. Feeling guilty for leaving the girl with no answer, she started speaking.

     "I don't know why I do it." Lauren looked shocked when she noticed what Camila was trying to tell her, but she focused her attention and wanted to show the girl that she was listening.

    "I don't know why I do it, but I've been doing it for years. I actually stopped for 2 years, but last night I-" Camila stopped talking when she noticed a hand reach over and land on top of her own hand. She looked up and met Lauren's eyes.

     Lauren was about to pull her hand away when Camila stopped her, "Oh n-no, sorry. You don't have to move your hand, I just-I don't know. No one's ever been this nice to me, you know?"

     The older girl nodded her head,"It's fine, I get it. You just seem like you really need someone to talk to. I know we just met, but I'm here. I don't like seeing people hurt."

     The younger girl nodded and stared back out at the city, feeling the warmth of Lauren's hand on hers. In this moment, she was content. While Lauren was here, she was okay.

*AN*
Second chapter is done! I hope it's good so far. I'm just trying to write stuff that I would like to read myself. If there are any errors or suggestions, please leave a comment and let me know. :) Next episode will go into more depth about them. <3
-Callie