7.

*TW* Panic attack and talk of depression.

Both girls slept very well throughout the night after their beach trip. They had both gone to their own apartments to sleep that night. Camila didn't toss and turn like you usually did, she was out like a light as soon as she laid down. Lauren was an early riser, but today she didn't wake up until 10:30, about three hours later than usual.

Camila was the first one awake at 10. She stretched as she got out of bed and threw on a hoodie and some of her black leggings. She made her way to the kitchen, trying to find something to eat. She had to eat. She had to eat for Lauren. After everything Lauren had done to help her, she couldn't take a step back now. She turned to the island in the kitchen and grabbed a banana, deciding that it was a good choice for breakfast. She sat down on her couch and ate the banana while she watched the news. She was always fascinated by watching the news, she wondered what it would be like to be on tv. When she was little, Camila used to pretend she was a news anchor, reporting on the events that had happened in her house, like getting into a fight with her younger sister. Before she knew it, the brown eyed girl was already finished eating her banana. For the first time in a while, she didn't feel terrible for eating something. She grabbed her phone and went to sit out on her balcony, shutting the door behind her. When she got outside, she looked over and saw Lauren curled up in one of her chairs, reading a book.

"What are you reading?" Camila asked softly, trying not to scare the girl. Lauren looked up from her book and gave the other girl a soft smile, "It's called The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, it's really good. I'll have to let you borrow it when I'm done reading it." Camila nodded and leaned back in her chair and watched the city. She loved looking at the city in the mornings, she loved watching the cars and seeing all the people pass by. There was just something so interesting about it. She could sit there for hours just watching, and that what she did. She watched the city for a couple of hours and Lauren read her book, both girls completely silent. Camila was getting up to put some soft music on while she sat outside, when she got a tight feeling in her chest. That's weird. She thought to herself. She stopped walking and slowly sat back down, forgetting about the music. The younger girl rubbed her chest and her face scrunched up with the discomfort, it was getting slightly harder to breathe. Lauren noticed and checked on her, "Everything alright, Camz?" The green eyed girl sat her book down and walked closer to the other girl's balcony, where she was sitting. Camila leaned back and nodded, "Yeah, fine. It's just that my chest feels kind of tight and it's a little hard to breathe. I'm sure it's just allergies or something." The older girl nodded her head and sat back down in the chair to read.

Camila continued sitting down, trying to catch her breath. She must've been sitting for half an hour, with no relief, it was getting worse. The girl's forehead was moist with sweat and her heart was pounding so hard that she swore the other girl could hear it from her balcony. The younger girl started bouncing her leg rapidly, trying to shake the feeling she knew all too well. She knew what was happening. She was having a panic attack. She hadn't had an actual panic attack in years. I can't breathe. I can't catch my breath. Why can't I breathe?! Her thoughts raced as she struggled, past the point of stopping the panic attack. Camila started to get really dizzy, a side effect from hyperventilating. She was afraid she would pass out, "Lauren, I think I'm about to pass out."

Lauren shot up from her seat and ran through her apartment, she closed her door and entered Camila's apartment with the spare key. She quickly grabbed a wet cloth and a bottle of cold water and ran out to the girl's balcony. The green eyed girl placed the cold cloth on the other girl's forehead and handed her the water. She could tell that something was wrong. "What's happening, Camila?" Lauren didn't know what was going on. One minute the girl had been fine and the next, she was almost passing out. Camila laid down on the balcony couch, "I'm-I'm having a panic attack." She clutched her chest, feeling a lot of discomfort, and took a deep breath. As soon as she took a breath, she burst into tears. The brown eyed girl hit the couch with her hand in frustration. Why did this have to happen now? Lauren grabbed the girl's free hand to try and calm her down, "Is there anything you need me to do?" Camila quickly shook her head, taking another deep breath and turning sideways to lay in the fetal position, "Just stay here please. I don't want to be alone like t-this." The green eyed girl said, "Okay" and sat criss-crossed on the floor beside her. She rubbed the back of Camila's hand with her thumb and helped her by pulling her hair into a high bun to get it out of her face. The younger girl closed her eyes as she continued crying, letting the tears soak the couch cushion underneath her. After almost 45 minutes of struggling to catch her breath, Camila's panic attack finally eased up, and she fell asleep on the couch. She was worn out from the unexpected attack, she hadn't had one since high school.

A couple hours later, the younger girl woke to the sound of someone calling her name and rousing her from her sleep. "Camila, you don't want to sleep all day. It's only lunchtime." Lauren spoke softly, as to not upset the girl. Camila slowly sat up, looked at the clock, and slammed her face back into the pillow. Lauren saw her shake her head and heard her say, "I don't want to do anything. I just want to lay here, I'm exhausted." The older girl moved closer to the younger one and lifted her head off of the pillow, "You look exhausted. I'm not surprised, I would be too after all of that." The brown eyed girl sat up, leaned back on the couch, and nodded. "How are you feeling now?" Lauren questioned, grabbing the girl's hand as a sign of trust and comfort. Camila let out a loud sigh, "Honestly? Kind of depressed. I don't know. I don't really have a reason. I just feel depressed, you know? Like nothing. Not happy, not sad. I don't even know what I'm trying to say, ignore me." She shook her head and then tucked it between her knees, taking a deep breath. The green eyed girl spoke up, letting the girl know she understood, "No, I get it. You don't need a reason to be depressed, Camila. It just happens." The younger girl just shrugged her shoulders and laid back down, staring at the floor. "Do you need me to do anything?" The older one wanted to help, she just didn't know if there was anything she could do. The small girl spoke up, "Could you just hang out in my place with me today? It's probably not a good idea to leave me alone right now." Lauren furrowed her brows, "What do you mean, it's not a good idea to leave you alone?" The brown eyed girl sighed again and pulled her sleeves down over her hands and almost whispered, "You know what I mean, Laur. I just- I can't help but think about doing it." Camila was afraid that if she were left alone, she'd end up doing something she'd regret. She really didn't need anymore on her mind today. The green eyed girl nodded, "It's okay. I'll stay with you, Camz. Whatever you need, I'm here." The young girl nodded and dozed back off to sleep for a little bit, with Lauren on the couch, right beside her.

*AN* Sorry this one's not that long, I'm literally falling asleep while writing this. Also, I didn't proofread at all, so please comment if I made any mistakes! <3 Thank you guys for 200 reads!! It really means a lot. My next update will either be in 2 days or when we get 250 reads, whichever one comes first! Love you guys, be nice to yourselves! <3
-Callie