9.

Camila had fallen asleep on the way home from getting stitches and didn't stir until they arrived at their apartment complex a little after 4 in the afternoon. She was pulled out of her mid-day nap by Lauren who was gently rubbing her hand on her shoulder, she could hear the girl's husky voice as she woke. "Hey, we're home." The green eyed girl slowly waited for Camila to wake up and unbuckled her seatbelt as she turned off the car. The younger girl sat up in her seat and rubbed her eyes as she tried to get out of the car by herself. Before she could step out, Lauren rushed over and helped her up, grabbing the girl's arm, so she couldn't fall. Camila was still weak from earlier, so the older girl figured it wouldn't be a good idea for her to walk alone just yet.

Once the girls reached their floor the brown eyed girl spoke up, "I'm probably just going to go read at my place or something, I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight." She took her keys out of her purse and unlocked her door, hearing Lauren do the same. She was about to close her door when the green eyed girl starting talking again, "After you read, um... if you're not able to fall asleep, maybe you can come over? I-I mean, if you want, you know? Just to have something to do?" That was the first time Camila had seen the other girl look so nervous. She was curious as to why, but decided to shrug off the nerves and the girl's slightly red face, "Sure, I'll text you, okay?" Lauren nodded her head and smiled a little as she closed her door behind her.

Lauren walked inside and laid on her couch, getting lost in a trail of thoughts. She thought about what she had planned on saying later that night. She liked Camila, really liked her. Maybe Camila felt the same way. Frankly, Lauren didn't care if she felt the same, she just had to get it off of her chest. It seemed like the two of them had something. Whenever Camila is around, Lauren is happier, no matter what. She hadn't felt this way about anyone else, so she had no clue how to go about it, but she would try her best. To pass the time, she turned on the tv and screamed at the news for hours, like she did every afternoon. She was so heated, she was sure that Camila and every other resident in the complex could hear her, but she didn't care.

Lauren enjoyed politics, and surprisingly, Camila did too. At her place, the brown eyed girl was recording herself screaming at the exact same news channel on her own tv, " This guy is a steaming pile of complete and utter shit!" She turned her volume down, so she could watch the video back when she heard screaming from next door. She muted the tv and listened as she heard the familiar voice of her neighbor also screaming at something, "What a fucking idiot!! He has no clue what he's talking about! Fake *clap* fucking *clap* news!" Camila could hear the girl clapping as she yelled at what she realized was the same news channel that she was watching. She smirked to herself and pulled out her phone, shooting a text to her neighbor.

Camila (6:31 pm): Hey, keep it down, would ya? I'm trying to scream at the news! ;)

Camila hadn't meant to make the smiley face a winking face, but she'd already sent it. She was just trying to be funny. Hopefully Lauren didn't think it was too flirty, she didn't want to scare her away.

Lauren (6:32 pm): This guy's an idiot, right? Don't think I didn't hear you call him a pile of shit. Haha, if we were together, this would be a shit show!

Lauren smiled as she sent the text, hoping her smooth suggestion for the girl to come over would work out. She felt her phone buzz and read the text.

Camila (6:34 pm): Specifically a STEAMING pile of shit, but yes, you heard me correctly. I'm coming over! I wanna join in on the fun!

Camila excitedly threw on some pajama pants and Gucci slides as she ran over to Lauren's apartment door. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Shortly after, she heard footsteps running down the hall and then a loud crash accompanied by a raspy voice yelling, "Ow, fuck!" Camila burst into laughter, surprised that Lauren was the clumsy one this time and waited for the girl to open the door. She waited for a few seconds before hearing footsteps again, figuring that the girl was okay, and seeing the door open slowly. When it opened all the way she was faced with a red-faced Lauren, covering her right eye with her hand. "I tripped over air and hit my eye on the corner of the kitchen counter. Me, Lauren fucking Jauregui, tripped over absolutely nothing!" She groaned and closed the door behind the younger girl, sitting on a stool in her kitchen to compose herself. Camila walked over to her and noticed that the girl was gritting her teeth in pain. She quickly got concerned and got a bag of frozen chicken breasts to put on Lauren's eye. Sure, it wasn't the cleanest thing to do, but it was all the girl had in her freezer. She wrapped a towel over the bag so that the raw chicken wouldn't touch the girl's face and she walked back to her. She giggled at the girl's unexpected clumsiness, "Let me see your eye." She burst into laughter again and slapped her hand over her own mouth, feeling bad for laughing at the girl. She couldn't help it, Lauren had tripped over absolutely nothing. The green eyed girl let out an, "ugh!" and slid her hand off of her eye. When her hand was out of the way, Camila gasped in surprise. Lauren's eye was swollen shut and so red that it was almost purple. "Here, put this on it. Maybe it'll get the swelling down." Camila shoved the towel-wrapped chicken breast into Lauren's hand and saw her make a face of disgust, "Camila, is this fucking RAW chicken?" She put emphasis on the word for dramatic effect because it was gross, really gross. The smaller girl nodded her head, "Yeah, that's the only thing you had. Sorry." Lauren shrugged and slapped the cold meat onto her swollen eye. They sat in awkward silence for a few seconds, neither of them knowing what to say, when Lauren spoke up, "Ya know, this is the first time I've had a breast anywhere near my face." She laughed to herself, proud of her joke she had thought of last minute. She looked over at Camila, whose face was completely red, "Oh my god, Lauren! You can't just say stuff like that!" They broke out into laughter as they made their way to the living room to finish watching the news. Camila slid off her expensive slides and put them near the door, hearing Lauren start to mock her, "I didn't know you were rich enough to buy Gucci slides. Damn Camila!" The smaller girl shook her head and laughed, "Oh I didn't buy these, they were a gift." She made quotation marks when she said gift, so Lauren was a little confused. "Why'd you say it like that? A gift is a gift." The green eyed girl laughed as she spoke, trying to get the idea. Camila sat down and gave herself a face-palm, "Let's just say my parents got me them as a 'thanks for not killing yourself' gift. So kind of a gift, but they did it completely out of guilt. And yes, before this turns awkward, you can laugh at that, I'm not some over sensitive freak." Both girls laughed as they continued on watching the news they had yelled at earlier.