3.

*TW* (suicide attempt. please skip if you're easily triggered.)

     After the conversation on the balcony earlier that day, the girls decided to go their separate ways. Lauren had to go to work, and Camila still needed to unpack.

     Lauren was a waitress at a little diner down the street called The Downtown Diner. She didn't even have to drive or take a taxi, she could just walk there. She loved her job, she had been there for around a year, and she knew all the "regulars" that came to eat there. She worked twice a week, Monday's and Wednesday's, today was Monday, which meant it was busy.

While Lauren was working, Camila was unpacking the rest of her things. She'd been unpacking since Lauren left at 1 and now it was 8. She was exhausted, but needed to get everything done, Lauren would be back from work and she didn't want to make the older girl feel like she needed to help her unpack. She squatted down and grabbed some decorative coasters from a box. She stood up quickly and felt a huge rush of dizziness hit her. The brown eyed girl's vision began to darken, so she leaned against the wall and waited until her vision was clear. She was confused about getting so dizzy when she remembered, she had only eaten one bite of a granola bar all day.

On a good day, Camila would've already eaten all three meals. She usually ate breakfast at eight, lunch at one, and dinner at six. It was now eight o'clock at night and she'd had nothing but a piece of a granola bar. She was hungry, but for some reason, she couldn't reason with herself to eat anything. She had a weird feeling all day, it was like feeling nothing and everything at once. She didn't feel like doing anything else and, quite honestly, felt worse after her little dizzy spell. She made up her mind that she'd unpack the rest tomorrow and that she could just relax the rest of the day. She really wasn't feeling like herself today, it was starting to worry her a bit. This reminded of how she felt two years ago, in the worst parts of her depression. Stop being stupid. She thought. You're just tired, that's all. With that, she decided a short nap would do her some good.

"See you Wednesday Lauren!" A voice shouted from the kitchen.

     "Bye guys, have a nice night!" Lauren replied after grabbing her things. She locked the front door and began the short walk back to her apartment. I wonder what Camila's doing right now? I wonder if she's done packing, surely after eight hours, she is.

     She continued walking down the sidewalk and eventually reached her apartment building. She waved to the lady at the front desk and made her way inside the elevator. Pressing the button labeled "4", she dug through her purse, grabbing her key. The elevator dinged and she walked to her door.

     Just as she was unlocking it, the green eyed girl heard heavy sobbing coming from somewhere. It sounded like it was right on the other side of Camila's door. She quietly stopped what she was doing and tiptoed to the other girl's door and sure enough, it was Camila. Feeling very worried, she knocked quietly. No answer. She knocked again louder this time. Still no answer. The sobbing continued to grow desperate and loud. Lauren was now extremely worried for the girl.

"Camila, let me in please. What's going on?" The green eyed girl got no response and started to turn back to her own apartment when she heard the lock click and saw the door crack open slightly.

      She pushed the door slowly and met resistance when it was halfway open, she peered inside and realized that the resistance was Camila sitting against the door with her head between her knees, sobbing hysterically. Lauren slid through the cracked door and crouched down to the younger girl's level.

      "Hey, what's wrong?" The raven haired girl sat down and slid closer to the other girl. Camila had one hand wrapped around her legs and the other was in her lap balled into a fist tightly, she looked like she was holding something.

     The older girl slowly crept her hand to the fist resting in Camila's lap, and she gently ran her thumb back and forth over the white knuckled hand.

The teary brown orbs met hers and she let out a loud sob as she opened her fist, letting the girl see what was in her hand. Pills. Tons of pills were resting in the girl's hand. Oh my god. Lauren thought. She was trying to kill herself.

     Lauren acted quick to get the pills out of the younger one's grip. She grabbed the pills and dropped them in the trash can, tying the bag closed so that they were out of reach. The green eyed girl walked back to the brown haired one and lifted her face to look at her.

    "Camila, I need you to be honest with me, okay?" The crying girl just nodded her head. Lauren took that as a yes. "Did you take any before I came in?"

     The younger girl stayed silent, ignoring the question. Lauren grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers. She squeezed her hand as if to tell her you can trust me.

     Another loud sob wracked through Camila's body as she nodded her head. Slightly panicky, Lauren helped her up and got her to stand. The younger girl's face went ghost white and she began to sway.

     "Okay" The green eyed girl said softly,"Let's get you to the couch." She led her over to the couch and pulled her into her side.

     "Did you eat today? I need you to talk to me, okay? I can't help you, if you don't talk to me."

     Camila sighed and whispered,"Hardly anything."

Lauren turned towards her and questioned her more,"How many did you take?" She sounded more serious now.

     The brown eyed girl shook her head and spoke in a worried tone,"I-I don't know. Like-like two bottles of something. I wasn't paying attention."

     Lauren's jaw dropped when she heard. She scooped Camila up, knowing she was too dizzy to walk, and made her way out of the apartment, grabbing her phone.

     "Where are we going?" The younger girl asked, slightly nervous. The raven haired girl locked their apartments with her free hand before walking into the elevator.

    "I have to take you to the hospital, Camila. That's too much for your body to handle." The dazed girl just nodded her head as her vision grew completely black.

*AN*
Just thought I'd let you guys in on something. The two trigger warning scenes (ch. 1 & this chapter) were based off of my own personal battles with depression. Of course the dialogue and stuff isn't exactly the same, but the events actually happened. If you guys are ever feeling this way, shoot me a message, I'll be glad to help. I love writing these chapters, so I figured I should give you guys three chapters to hold you over for a little bit. Love you <3